When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A.Lange & Sohne good replicas?

chulapo

welcome chulapo...

i am a fan of ALS watches, too...

here are a couple links to some nice ALS watches...

also, search around the forum - especially for some of my previous posts of the various ALS watches i have owned...

some of the ALS watches are fairly accurate in looks to the genuines...some not...one of the unique features of ALS watches is the large date windows...you will not see them on the reps...of the ALS reps, the Lange 1, has the date window...while not accurate to the gen, it's a great looking watch...compare dealers and their features - some have sapphire crystals and slightly different cases and casebacks...best to always compare...

best thing to do is check them out and decide...i have found the quality to be very good...

enjoy and welcome to RWG!...

R-

ALS_handwind

ALS_Datograph

ALS_Flyback_Chrono

ALS_Saxonia_handwind

ALS_Lange1

welcome chulapo...

i am a fan of ALS watches, too...

here are a couple links to some nice ALS watches...

also, search around the forum - especially for some of my previous posts of the various ALS watches i have owned...

some of the ALS watches are fairly accurate in looks to the genuines...some not...one of the unique features of ALS watches is the large date windows...you will not see them on the reps...of the ALS reps, the Lange 1, has the date window...while not accurate to the gen, it's a great looking watch...compare dealers and their features - some have sapphire crystals and slightly different cases and casebacks...best to always compare...

best thing to do is check them out and decide...i have found the quality to be very good...

enjoy and welcome to RWG!...

R-

ALS_handwind

ALS_Datograph

ALS_Flyback_Chrono

ALS_Saxonia_handwind

ALS_Lange1

What a welcome!!!

Many thanks for the very detailed answer.

Yes, I think they're gorgeous and actually I'd love to have a Lange 1 (regular or the rose gold one).

I've seen this model on many sites and today I've found out these ones:

http://www.longineswatches.org/A.Lange-&-Sohne/ALange-Sohne-Monats-Werk-Automatic-with-White-Dial-LQ13674.html

http://www.lifetimereplicas.com/product.php?Brand=3&Model=4&Product=1

http://www.excelwatch.com/1058-replica-a-lange-sohne-lange-1-mens-watch-rls0905023.html

What do you think? Have you ever purchased from these shops?

THANKS!!!!

The shops you have listed are all new to me and names I've never seen mentioned on this forum. I would recommend you stick to the shops HackR has listed the items from, or go to the Dealers / Collectors section of this forum to get other potential dealers. We have recommended dealers for a reason...as they are tried and tested by the membership here to be, overall, reliable with fair pricing.

There are no "super reps" of ALS watches...but there are some decent ones. The ALS Hand Wind first on HackR's list is great. I have a couple of them...not overly accurate, but truly in the spirit of ALS watches. The price on it is great as well.

Welcome to the forum. Buying reps is not like going to Wal-Mart...there are issues about maintenance, service, shipping, etc that you should read about. I suggest you read the Noob Guide linked in my signature for an intro to the rep world.

Thanks Toadtorrent!

You've given me a lot of info. I'm really impressed about all the useful stuff you have on this forum.

I'll study everything as a good student and then I'll investigate on Lange watches.

I'd really like a Lange 1 and I hope to find out a good one.

Ciao!

Bear in mind, Lange watches in the "the wild" are rare. Nobody will likely have ever seen one...fewer still would have seen "some"...so any model you like as long as it's along the "theme" of their design should pass fine. High accuracy or not, the reps sold by the more trusted dealers are nice pieces and generally value-priced.

BTW...The manual wind ALS listed I think is supposed to be an 1815 without the running seconds subdial. With the recent releases of Ulysse Nardin's with the running seconds at 6 subdial manual wind movements, we may well see a more accurate version of this watch. Again...just because it's not accurate, doesn't mean it isn't a fantastic watch.

Honestly what I really like of these watches (in particular Lange 1) is the finest style and elegance, so first of all I'd try to have a good replica in terms of design and weight without having "strange" differences, but with a good working authomatic movement.

Do you think that would be so difficult to find out?

I only have the manual wind ones. The Lemania movement (aka Venus 175, Seagull ST 19) watches are solid: reliable and a great movement. These cost more, and may not be the layout you want as this would be for the bicompax Datograph.

The Lange 1 designs you're looking at are usually deficient in the date window as HackR said. The window is small on the reps and the font quite thin and light compared with the gen. This format will not come with the more reliable movements, but you should get decent service from the cheap movement used (Asian 21j of some form). If you want this design, you shouldn't pay more than around $110 for it as there is no high end version of it.

The pic used in your excelwatch link is of the gen...that's why it looks the best. You won't get that watch.

Yes you're right. The picture used are the same used by many shops and clearly the official Lange ones.

I'll pay attention to the date particular: it's a very good indication.

Can I use your experience to get an idea about if it's possible to find out good Panerai replicas at a good price on the web?

I know that is a completely different type of watch, but is another one that I'm taking into consideration.

In your experience are there some specific brands whose replica could be of good quality on the web?

Many thanks!

Chu --

of, i'll confess...i have owned at least 3 Lange 1 watches that i can recall... :g:

i've only sold them as my tastes change and i try to work with a sort of budget...

anyhow -- i suggest you search with my name "hackR" and "Lange" in both the trade area (member sales) and the general discussion area for wristshots...

the Lange 1 isn't accurate due to the date window, but they are really nice watches...movements are a21j -- and none of mine were problematic...study the case and dials...there are differences...some have moon subdials, some are just 24 hour subdials linked to the main hand...some are more detailed, some not...some have smooth dials, some are guilloche...some are sapphire, some not...some have better display backs and movements...etc, etc...lastly what looks to be a power reserve on the left side of the watch is actually replicated as a day of week indicator...some watches have german letters for "full" and "empty" (i forgot the words, "auf" and something else)...some don't use German, but have "Sun" and "Mon" written on the dial...the german is more accurate...either way, though, the indicator is NOT power reserve it's day of week...

all in all, the best one i had was the rose gold version...find the pix...second best was the simply white dial...i love the look and wear of this watch...so search around and find one from a reputable dealer...stay under $110usd!!!!!...and post a WTB (wanted to buy) thread if you like...sometimes it jogs members to sell...we all have wish lists a mile long, so WTB help us all!...

enjoy...R

theres the richard lange as well. its a pretty accurate replica however the movement isn't too crash hot. narikaa is the goto guy for these, but i'm not sure if he still has any. i bought mine off him like a year ago.

i love this replica to death and if i had the chance i would buy the real one. its such a understated and unknown watch to love.

my sales links...check out these pix...enjoy...R

hackR's ALS sales thread...

BTW...HackR is a top notch member. Buy with confidence from this guy!!!

As to good Panerai or other recommendations...read the threads in the brand areas of the forum. There are lots of topics posted on various models, their accuracy, lots of photos, etc. Read the wrist checks for what people have on, and look at member signatures as they often have links to interesting posts on some of their pieces.