When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

those looking for a HQ rubber strap for your ROO...

jkirke

AP Bands just released their new Scuta 100% Rubber Straps for the ROO. I think they look great, although considerably more expensive than the rep and don't come with endlinks.

Here's the link: http://apbands.com/shop/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=APB&Category_Code=SCUTA

It says "pre-order for delivery in mid November when the prices will go up." If you've got the endlinks already, it looks to be a pretty good deal. I ordered 2 last night (1 Black, 1 Red). I think they're a great deal.

Another good reason for picking up a strap from AP Bands is that if you do a review on your newly arrived strap for their website to display, you get $25 bucks off your next order. Now thats a REALLY good deal.

I was asked to vote for colors they should produce with these rubbers....voted navy-blue and gray....but all they did was orange, red, white, yellow, black....HELLO, these are rather loud colors and unless you live near the beach, those colors can be understood a bit different (white looks great, but would you wear a white-strapped ROO in a bar? :rofl:

Anyway, aside with those thoughts....I concidered a blue and a red one....but then I noticed their little sentance "Our inserts differ in that we use a high grade composite vs. metal which has been known to tear through the strap material."

So its not only rubber you have to handle and if this is the same lug-end-material they use for the leather straps, it will be very hard and difficult to fit our rep-plots on these straps, I tried that with a calf-leather APbands-strap and it does not fit 100%, it will leave a gap between the plots and the strap-cut-outs.

The quailty will be exeptional....but for the real deal, lets cross fingers for the fit to the reps.

Cheers

Theo

I was asked to vote for colors they should produce with these rubbers....voted navy-blue and gray....but all they did was orange, red, white, yellow, black....HELLO, these are rather loud colors and unless you live near the beach, those colors can be understood a bit different (white looks great, but would you wear a white-strapped ROO in a bar? :rofl:

Anyway, aside with those thoughts....I concidered a blue and a red one....but then I noticed their little sentance "Our inserts differ in that we use a high grade composite vs. metal which has been known to tear through the strap material."

So its not only rubber you have to handle and if this is the same lug-end-material they use for the leather straps, it will be very hard and difficult to fit our rep-plots on these straps, I tried that with a calf-leather APbands-strap and it does not fit 100%, it will leave a gap between the plots and the strap-cut-outs.

The quailty will be exeptional....but for the real deal, lets cross fingers for the fit to the reps.

Cheers

Theo

great post Theo and fantastic information. I actually was considering the navy rubber for my roo navy.... I would LOVE it if it fit. May I also ask you, what is your thoughts on a gren hornback and our rep's I have read and heard mixed things, some fit snug, some do not....