When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UPO 45mm - Leather strap and buckle

AMK000

Dear felllow addicts ,

I am really fed up with the bad quality of ALL upo bracelets (removing links to adjust bracelet to wrist you get more than 50% chances to brake them) .... so I am seriously thinking of buying a leather strap with buckle.

The only ones (decent) that I can find to fit a 45 mm UPO are these ones from Josh.

http://www.jpc8118.c...asp-p-2864.html

http://www.jpc8118.c...asp-p-2941.html

Has anybody got them yet ??

Any experiences and comments regarding the quality of the buckle and leather ??

Thanks and appreciate the info

Well, I don't have a UPO, but I do have one of the new PO Chronos. The lug spacing on this watch is 22mm, so if it's different than the UPO, this probably doesn't matter.

I bought my Moo-Croc strap from Tony Feng at asian7750.com along with the watch with standard Pro bracelet.

The Pro bracelet is fine and well built in my opinion, the new one uses pins instead of screws, and while it's relatively easy to take the pins out, putting them back in is a royal pain. I wore it with the original bracelet for a few days, but it makes the watch look even more massive than what it is, so I tried the leather strap. That makes it look just about right.

The deployant strap makes it super easy to get the watch on and off, and the leather does not seem to stick to the skin when you sweat like other straps. I haven't worn this for a long time (I rotate my watches), but so far it doesn't show any signs of degradation, other than some marks at the bottom near the clasp where it rubs against the desk.

All things considered I'd give the strap a 5 out of 5 for usability and a 4 out of 5 for looks, mainly because close up, you can tell it's not real croc.

Here are some pics:

101_0028.JPG

101_0030.JPG

101_0031.JPG

101_0032.JPG

101_0034.JPG

If you're referring to the deployant buckle, it works great. Click in place with only a mild press, and the side buttons release it. I haven't had any incidents with it coming off by itself, like i did with the pro bracelet on my SMP.