When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sweet, just received my free IWC catalogue!

robsa

Hey guys

Well, I requested a catalogue on the IWC site. Just got it from the Post Office, didnt cost me a penny and it is truly a work of art! Hard-backed and fantastic! I am now settled on the couch with a ginger wine in my hand, all the housework is done and I am looking forward to perusing it for an hour or so!

Good old IWC. The Rolex catalogue is nice, as is the Omega one... but they can't hold a candle to this one! Anyone know of a better catalogue than this?!

-Robsa

Oops! Just noticed I left my address on there... don't look too hard OK!

post-18216-125579044156_thumb.jpg

The IWC is very nice, but for my money Jaeger LeCoultre has the best one. I received two of those; a softcover English edition and a hard-back in French. The latter, although cool, is of somewhat limited use for someone who can only count to 10 and order beer in French, but what the hell.

Apart from those I've got several hard-backed ones, like DeWitt, TAG Heuer, Ebel, Ulysse Nardin and more, but none are quite up to the standards of IWC and JLC. UN probably slides into third place as far as quality goes. Haven't been able to get a Breguet catalogue yet, but I've not given up hope.

Patek Philippe and Vacheron Constantin's catalogues are piddly little booklets by the way. Quite disappointing. Then again they probably have better offerings for people they know to be loaded.

Hmn, yes, I bet Patek have a leather-bound one for paying customers... or maybe not. Maybe they dont need one!

Just been drooling over the new 'vintage' aquatimer. Verrrry nice.

I have a Jaeger LeCoultre catalog that's in English and white hardbound. Its from 2002/03. I have catalogs by many watch makers: IWC, Rolex, JL, Chronoswiss, Glashutte, Union Glashutte, Nomos, Dubey & Schaldenbrand, Panerai, Omega, Zenith, Fortis, Sinn. They are all fun to get in the mail! All from many different years.

Patek catalog, huh? :g: