When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pic review of the MBW jumbo and the 15300 RO

bosk

I'm finally posting some pics of my two 15300's. These are the latest models out with very decent bracelets that match almost perfectly with the watch head. When the 15300 first came out, the factories placed the bracelet from the 36mm RO's on the new 39mm RO replicas and it just looked horrible. Now there is a new clasp which is somewhat comfortable and sits on the wrists much better. The pics took so long because I wanted to superlume the dials and hands, and I ran out of Tritec binder...I've finally found a decent substitute. :)

Anyways...a comparison of 1 layer of superlume (blue dial) and non-modded factory dials (silver dial; lume is there but very weak).

First a pic of the 15300 dials (blue and silver). One nice touch is that there is white paint between the AP logo...the gen has lume between the A and P...but the older reps had nothing.

DSC01669.jpg

DSC01662.jpg

Now for the comparison after everything is assembled. The new 15300 have the same case thickness as the jumbo. As some people recall, some of the past RO reps were a bit thick compared to the gen.

DSC01675.jpg

DSC01679.jpg

my beloved jumbo...it looks so much better because of the chief DAR.

DSC01676.jpg

DSC01691.jpg

Blue 15300:

DSC01690.jpg

DSC01685.jpg

DSC01682.jpg

Silver 15300:

DSC01689.jpg

DSC01688.jpg

DSC01684.jpg

DSC01683.jpg

Comparison of the backs:

DSC01692.jpg

Comparison of the bracelets. Notice that the back of my jumbo is all scratched...that's a mod to make the bracelet fit better...you just have to file down the edges of the two links connecting each bracelet segment together. The 15300 bracelets did not require any filing (or at least I have not gotten to it yet)

DSC01694.jpg

DSC01695.jpg

DSC01703.jpg

Overall the brushed steel on the jumbo is finer than that of the 15300s. Overall, the jumbo's quality is better but the 15300s are VERY nice watches, overall. Mine come with an asian 21J movement.

Just a peak of my lume work on a MBW ROO sec 9 compared to a gen SMP dialed rep.

DSC01671.jpg

DSC01671.jpg

Edited by bosk

is the 15300 also available with solid caseback?

No, I don't think there is a solid case-back version. The gen also does not have a solid case-back version. AP wanted to show case their newest in-house caliber 3120 movement so the gen only comes in a see-thru caseback.

If we want to do the ultimate AP 15300, we have to replicate the movement. If there is quantity, I think I can talk with the factory.

Cheers,

Paul

AP15300-3.jpg

Seems like the movement would be impossible to rep.

I'd settle for a better logo, more quality, and recessed bezel screws. I guess one could slap the dial and movement in a good MBW jumbo case and have a decent improvement.

Were do you think can I buy best 15300 AP rep?

:whistling:

I got mine from Trusty's sister site. Last time I checked, Josh only carried the gold version of this watch with a decent bracelet and swiss movement. The SS version seemed like a earlier version.

Were do you think can I buy best 15300 AP rep?

:whistling:

I got mine from Trusty's sister site. Last time I checked, Josh only carried the gold version of this watch with a decent bracelet and swiss movement. His SS version seemed like a earlier version.