When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

with each new strap purchase......my love affair grows deeper!

jkirke

I started with collecting PAMs when I first got into watches. I really liked them because the ability to switch out a strap was easy, and there were (and still are) endless combinations. I started getting into AP's about a year ago. I love the dial layout, and case construction, but I always thought they were too small seeing as though the only reps I'd owned yet had been the 44 and 47mm PAMs, a Super Avenger, and a UPO. I decided to take the plunge, get ahold of one of my favorite dealers here on the boards, and place an order.

Over the last 6-8 months I've sold off the majority of my collection(reduced it to my HIGHLY modded PAMs)so I had enough cash to splurge and get the seconds @12. She came about a month or two ago from SEAD but I didn't have a chance to get photos taken until this weekend.

The watch originally came on the rep SS bracelet, which(IMO)is the highest quality bracelet on ANY rep that I've owned. The brushing is immaculate, the clasp is sturdy, and fit to the case was PERFECT.

I wanted to get a nice Carbon Fiber strap so I wore it on the bracelet until I could get a second hand rep rubber with conversion kit. Purchased the rubber, mounted it, then went on the hunt to develope a large collection of beautiful straps for her.

To date, I've got the rep SS bracelet, rep Rubber, Oracle Straps Kevlar, AP Bands Carbon Fiber, AP Bands Prototipo Ragnatela, and my beloved AP Bands Lungomare Chocolate Shark. The hardware I've got is an AP Bands Bar and Cap Set, AP Bands Case (lug) Screws (they DO NOT fit the rep case by the way), AP Bands 18mm buckle, Oracle conversion kit, Oracle Bar and Cap Set, and rep Conversion Kit.

The ability to have a number of strap options is key in maintaining the "love at first sight" reaction I have with any of my reps.

Here are some pics of what I've got so far. Enjoy it geeks!!

~Navy Ragnatela~

11-2.jpg

21-2.jpg

~Chocolate Shark~

41-4.jpg

71-3.jpg

~Carbon Fiber~

31-2.jpg

61-2.jpg

~group shot of "what I got" (was listening to Sublime this morning..lol)~

81-2.jpg

51-3.jpg

If there's anyone out there that had been considering diving into AP Roo's, there's no better time than right now. They're a beautiful size, look amazing on the wrist, and are a true thing of beauty!

Thanks to all of the members here that helped answer my very NOOB questions on conversion kits, and places to buy the best straps. Can't thank you enough!

Edited by jkirke

I started with collecting PAMs when I first got into watches. I really liked them because the ability to switch out a strap was easy, and there were (and still are) endless combinations. I started getting into AP's about a year ago. I love the dial layout, and case construction, but I always thought they were too small seeing as though the only reps I'd owned yet had been the 44 and 47mm PAMs, a Super Avenger, and a UPO. I decided to take the plunge, get ahold of one of my favorite dealers here on the boards, and place an order.

Over the last 6-8 months I've sold off the majority of my collection(reduced it to my HIGHLY modded PAMs)so I had enough cash to splurge and get the seconds @12. She came about a month or two ago from SEAD but I didn't have a chance to get photos taken until this weekend.

The watch originally came on the rep SS bracelet, which(IMO)is the highest quality bracelet on ANY rep that I've owned. The brushing is immaculate, the clasp is sturdy, and fit to the case was PERFECT.

I wanted to get a nice Carbon Fiber strap so I wore it on the bracelet until I could get a second hand rep rubber with conversion kit. Purchased the rubber, mounted it, then went on the hunt to develope a large collection of beautiful straps for her.

To date, I've got the rep SS bracelet, rep Rubber, Oracle Straps Kevlar, AP Bands Carbon Fiber, AP Bands Prototipo Ragnatela, and my beloved AP Bands Lungomare Chocolate Shark. The hardware I've got is an AP Bands Bar and Cap Set, AP Bands Case (lug) Screws (they DO NOT fit the rep case by the way), AP Bands 18mm buckle, Oracle conversion kit, Oracle Bar and Cap Set, and rep Conversion Kit.

The ability to have a number of strap options is key in maintaining the "love at first sight" reaction I have with any of my reps.

Here are some pics of what I've got so far. Enjoy it geeks!!

~Navy Ragnatela~

11-2.jpg

21-2.jpg

~Chocolate Shark~

41-4.jpg

71-3.jpg

~Carbon Fiber~

31-2.jpg

61-2.jpg

~group shot of "what I got" (was listening to Sublime this morning..lol)~

81-2.jpg

51-3.jpg

If there's anyone out there that had been considering diving into AP Roo's, there's no better time than right now. They're a beautiful size, look amazing on the wrist, and are a true thing of beauty!

Thanks to all of the members here that helped answer my very NOOB questions on conversion kits, and places to buy the best straps. Can't thank you enough!

I am considering a rubber strap from AP brands, I have read some posts that say they don't fit our reps snug... what are your thoughts on this

AP Bands, to my knowledge, hasn't started shipping the new rubber straps. I placed my order for 2. Got them a little cheaper for ordering early. in November, the price goes up.

I'm not sure about how well they fit or don't. But as soon as it arrives and I can get it mounted, I'll let you know how it works out!

Thanks for the comments everybody.

• 2 weeks later...