When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Insert For Omega Smp 007

supermanx

I've seen a few posts about replacing the bezel insert on their smp, I recently did a trade with a member on the board for a SMP 007 edition with a couple scratches in the bezel so I ordered my third bezel from Raymond Lee on ebay (First was a lv insert, second was a mid sized smp for my gen). Here are some pics of the new bezel:

Both, RL Bezel installed holding rep:

108446-24526.jpg

RL Bezel, much nicer color matches dial and way better pearl photo does not do it justice (but its not perfect):

108446-24527.jpg

Rep Bezel, to bright bad pearl, basically sucks:

108446-24528.jpg

Not sure who's smp it is, but I also bought an insert for my gen and it fit with no problem. I think the bezel on the rep and gens are very close in the smp unlike some of the subs.

As for recommendations, I cant think of any other "upgrade" you can perform for under $20 that would get you the same level of change. You really have to see it in person, the color of the bezel matches the dial background and makes the dial pattern just jump out at you. The rep bezel is a shade too bright and it subdues the dail and markers. And the pearl is much better, can pass for gen from more then a foot away easily.

Just want to let you guys know that the rep blue insert is the correct blue color if you compare it to a gen.

the purpleish insert from RL is too dark and too purple. but it does have a better pearl.

I have a Gen and a rep so that is why I know.

I must agree. I bought an insert from RLJ and it looks like this (RLJ on the left, gen right):

108645-24457.jpg

It´s way too purple and I sent it back for refund which was no problem. I also tried one from the seller "watchology" and that was exactly the same insert. The insert from "x-jewelery" has the wrong font and there was one more seller ( forgot the name ), but the insert has a bad pearl in the pictures, so I decided not to buy it...

I am still searching for a decent insert. Any help is very much appreciated... :rolleyes:

Greetings

DJ

I thought the only redeeming ffeature of the RLJ insert was supposed to be the pearl, but the on on the left of that picture looks garbage!

It seems they are selling different batches... :whistling:

But the pearl in my pic is even better than the ones from the newer standard blue SMPs the dealers are selling right now... :blink:

Greetings

DJ

But the pearl in my pic is even better than the ones from the newer standard blue SMPs the dealers are selling right now... :blink:

That's been an issue for a while now. The pearls on the current blue SMP reps (007, standard and GMT) all look like surplus Submariner pearls....

:blink:

Not sure who's smp it is, but I also bought an insert for my gen and it fit with no problem. I think the bezel on the rep and gens are very close in the smp unlike some of the subs.

As for recommendations, I cant think of any other "upgrade" you can perform for under $20 that would get you the same level of change. You really have to see it in person, the color of the bezel matches the dial background and makes the dial pattern just jump out at you. The rep bezel is a shade too bright and it subdues the dail and markers. And the pearl is much better, can pass for gen from more then a foot away easily.

I did the same. I am not sure which is closest to the gen, but I must say, I love the replacement insert. It offsets the dial ncely, and the pearl is MUCH better!!