When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6263 Crown tube not threading

HEWLIO

Depending on the quality of the rep, the dial is held onto the plate either by 2-3 screws that enter from the side or by glue/adhesive. The dial should have 2 legs that stick out from the back. These are relatively delicate & are used to center the watch in the movement. Do not apply pressure or press the dial sideways. If you break the legs, you will complicate matters considerably.

In watchmaking, never force anything. If it does not come apart (or go together) with moderate finger pressure, then you are doing something wrong. Stop & re-evaluate.

Depending on the quality of the rep, the dial is held onto the plate either by 2-3 screws that enter from the side or by glue/adhesive.

In watchmaking, never force anything. If it does not come apart (or go together) with moderate finger pressure, then you are doing something wrong. Stop & re-evaluate.

There are not any screws along the outside of the movement like a regular sub movt. Could they be on the bottom side where the weight is?

yup games defiantly over. just got the face off and in the opening near the hole where the crown goes i could see a small gear that was completely loose. I still see no way to get the face off but mine is off and not going back on. so now for parts i need 1 crown tube 1 stem 1 movement with a face. Im just ganna get a new one sometime.

Tube and stem for sure!!

Possibly a crown to match the tube.

Likely it doesn't need the movement. It should be repairable unless it was really botched. What's wrong with the dial??

I ripped the dial off thinking it was glued on. I didn't see any screws on the sides. So i stuck a screw driver underneath and pried it off and now the mounting things are broken off and still in the movement. As for the movement, there is a gear that fell out and is in the way of the stem now.

I ripped the dial off thinking it was glued on. I didn't see any screws on the sides. So i stuck a screw driver underneath and pried it off and now the mounting things are broken off and still in the movement. As for the movement, there is a gear that fell out and is in the way of the stem now.

Somewhat academic now, but, for future reference, if you are stuck or unable to locate something (like a dial screw), asking additional questions or, even better, posting good, clear pics of the watch/movement part or parts in question before forcing anything might save you from hosing your watch next time. :bangin:

Hey...at least he's having fun.

There are 2 screws on the side of the movement that hold the dial feet down.

Even if the feet came off, you can use dial dots to remount the dial. Essentially double sided tape in a small size.

The gear that came off is interesting though, but repairable...I think your best solution is to donate the watch to me. :)

Some movements have small arms or latches that pivot out from the side of the pillar plate to lock the dial legs in place. These are in lieu of screws. But without pics or a movement ID, the best anyone can do is run through the possibilities, narrowing down the options until you get the job done. But you have to be patient & take things 1 step at a time. :whistling: