When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Heads up on your B&R 02 Chrono

RWG Technical

If you have one of these models please note these problems:

1. Pushers falling off. The screws are loose and you could loose a pusher. If you have the skills and tools, remove the movement, unscrew the pusher screws, coat the threads with blue loctite, and re-assemble.

2. The gear that rotates the bezel is made of a hard britle plastic, it should be made of metal. It breaks very easily, especially if you slightly rotate the bezel in the wrong direction. The gear is right next to the balance wheel, if it breaks you know where it will find it's way into...so be very cautious and careful with this one. There is no fix, except to re-epoxy it in place once it's broken in two pieces.

FYI

Thanks for the heads up The Zigmeister.

I imagine that the warning goes for all the BR02 bezel gears (chrono & non-chrono)?

I have a BR02 non- chrono on the way so I haven't looked at one closely. Do the crowns not screw down to make it watertight? How do they manage water resistance? Seals only?

Thanks for the heads up The Zigmeister.

I imagine that the warning goes for all the BR02 bezel gears (chrono & non-chrono)?

I have a BR02 non- chrono on the way so I haven't looked at one closely. Do the crowns not screw down to make it watertight? How do they manage water resistance? Seals only?

I have only noticed the broken gear on this particular model, I never really took notice of the non-chono ones. The bezel crown doesn't screw down, it's sealed with an o'ring, same as the pushers, they are sealed with o'rings, screwing them down is not for waterproofing, it's for preventing accidental activation of the chrono.

As with all reps, stay away from the water.

I have only noticed the broken gear on this particular model, I never really took notice of the non-chono ones. The bezel crown doesn't screw down, it's sealed with an o'ring, same as the pushers, they are sealed with o'rings, screwing them down is not for waterproofing, it's for preventing accidental activation of the chrono.

As with all reps, stay away from the water.

Crystal clear now. Thanks Rob. :thumbsupsmileyanim: