When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How Do you set a Watch Winder

notenoughbikes

I don't have enough watches to have "Lani's" problem but his post promted a NOOBie to ask hopefully a useful question for others or just a dumb question for me. I have no clue how to set my Wolf Watch Winder to keep my Gen Cartier Roadster Chrono working. I have no idea if certain movements need certain settings but my trial and error setting of the winder to get it to work with the Cartier isn't working. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

I believe your Cartier uses Caliber 8510. This movement needs 650 Turns Per Day and winds in both directons. Set your winder to 650 TPD in either direction or both and you should be set. If this is still not do doing it, you may have a mechanical issue with your movement requiring service.

:drinks:

As Bob states.. a watch winder is not for "winding" your watch but for keeping the power reserve from depleting .. ergo make sure your PR is up to par.. on a auto movement don't wind the movement too much .. just enough to get it started .. and wear it to enable the rotor to collect power.. too much hand winding could damage your movement.. Ziggy taught us that a long time ago..

Alos fyi if it is a chrono make sure you follow the rules to change the day-date so you wont damage the gears..

it is advised to rotate the winder in both directions when setting it so the rotor will wear evenly..

btw.. what type of winder do you have ??.. I have 4 eulux and they have been reliable for some years now.,.

and fyi... there are those who have just as many watches as I... but nobody has "TANFOGLIO".. collection.. his is the most vast in the Universe.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

if your movement is not holding the power after it is fully charged and you have it on the watch winder for an extended period of time.. best to have the movement cheked..

AC

Lani