When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Navitimer gen strap needed help~~

mandukuk

I just got the Navitimer from TTime.

It is great quality overall.

I got Black and white subdial, I have couple of Questions.

1. The dial is black and white, but it looks like the subdial and the bezel is more of off-white to slight lemon color than white. Is this normal? Is the gen one like this too?

2. I really need Gen strap. I would like to use snap thing (I guess it's called detoyant? or something?) But where can I get genuine one?

Does any one sell this? or gen StainlessSteel strap?

I really want the gen straps on this one. That will make this watch perfect.

Help me out~~!!

thank you in advance.

this is the watching I am talking about.(TTime is down right now but it's the same watch)

Navitimer

The subdials on mine (a two-tone with black dial) have no "lemony" cast to them, so my guess would be that you have a crystal with a yellowish cast to the AR. If so, then the Navitimer really, really deserves some better AR coating, like that offered by Chief.

No idea about where to get gen straps though.

A genuine leather or rubber strap will fit your rep without any problem but be careful if you intend to go for a genuine bracelet. I have a couple of Navitimer reps and a genuine 'Old Navitimer' as well as a genuine Aviastar. The Aviastar is on a leather strap (tang buckle) while the gen Navi has a bracelet - these are interchangable as the basic cases are the same.

However, my rep Navi bracelet won't fit the Aviastar. In the first instance the rep bracelet is too wide to fit into the gen's lugs and a visual comparison of the springbar holes suggests that the rep bracelet wouldn't fit snuggly against the case of the gen, even if I reduced the width of the rep bracelet to let it in.

While the rep Navitimer is a nice watch in its own right it hasn't 100% accurate dimensions. I don't think that it is good enough to justify the expense of a genuine bracelet. I actually wear mine on either a genuine leather or rubber strap which suits it very well - the rubber is particularly good.