When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Necessary mods Seadweller from Eurotime

slied013

I am planning to buy a SSD at Eurotimez, but I want to it to be nearest possible close to gen. What mods should be made? Do you happen to know a watchmeister in Europe?

Thanks and all the best,

Michael.

gen insert + crown and a oil-bath for the bracelet -

for the Meister check my sig - Domenico can help u ;)

(but not with gen parts)

cheers,

Frank

gen insert + crown and a oil-bath for the bracelet -

for the Meister check my sig - Domenico can help u ;)

(but not with gen parts)

cheers,

Frank

You're perfectly right, Frank, but there's another issue that always keeps me away from my SSD (even if I like it A LOT): the markers at 5, 10, 15... should be thicker than the others (just like on any other Subs). And the most strange thing is that on the vintage SD (I mean, MBK or even cartel versions) those markers ARE actually bolder: why didn't they do the same on SSD? OK, the usual mystery: one step up, two steps back...

Edited by elepaolo

I am planning to buy a SSD at Eurotimez, but I want to it to be nearest possible close to gen. What mods should be made? Do you happen to know a watchmeister in Europe?

Thanks and all the best,

Michael.

Hi Michael,

I can reconmend Tribal, he lives in Europe. He modded my SSD (bought from PT) , gen pearl and insert. Looks great now. It keeps great time btw, 1 sec a day! Search in the members list for his name and email him with your request.

I don't agree with the remarks from the other guys about the SSD. I compared it with a gen SD and you have to look real close to see the difference. Appart from the Rolex experts nobody will see the difference!

With an oilbad they mean preparing the bracelet for use. I use WD40 once a month.

Hi Michael,

I can reconmend Tribal, he lives in Europe. He modded my SSD (bought from PT) , gen pearl and insert. Looks great now. It keeps great time btw, 1 sec a day! Search in the members list for his name and email him with your request.

I don't agree with the remarks from the other guys about the SSD. I compared it with a gen SD and you have to look real close to see the difference. Appart from the Rolex experts nobody will see the difference!

With an oilbad they mean preparing the bracelet for use. I use WD40 once a month.

+1

its really a nice replica - underrated imho - the rehaut thickness is not quiet right - but nobody will call you out on that :)