When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Movement Upgrade

watch4me

Hello Everyone,

I have just purchased my first replica, a U-Boat Flightdeck with the cheap " Top Quality Asia Automatic (21 jewel)" movement. Does anyone know of another better movement that can be swapped with the current one? It does have functional day, month, and military time dials but not a working chronograph. The watch is good quality for the price and I would like to mod it because the power reserve sucks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

The Asian faux chrono movement can only READILY be replaced with the same to match the printing on the dial. If you replace it with something else, the function of the dials won't work...and I'm not sure what movement with different function would fit the combination of subdial spacing and hand size.

Is this the movement with the day and month that are operated by clicks of the chrono pushers, and the other subdial operates as a 24h time indicator?

The only thing I think you can do is to try and source a movement...see if it fits your dial layout and case, and hands. I haven't read anything on people doing this as far as instructions go...so this might be a true modding forging of new territory.

The Asian faux chrono movement can only READILY be replaced with the same to match the printing on the dial. If you replace it with something else, the function of the dials won't work...and I'm not sure what movement with different function would fit the combination of subdial spacing and hand size.

Is this the movement with the day and month that are operated by clicks of the chrono pushers, and the other subdial operates as a 24h time indicator?

The only thing I think you can do is to try and source a movement...see if it fits your dial layout and case, and hands. I haven't read anything on people doing this as far as instructions go...so this might be a true modding forging of new territory.

Yes, to move the day and month you have to do it manually with the pushers. It sounds like this will not be to easy, mabey I would have been better off to buy the model with the Asian 7750? Are the 7750's worth the higher cost?