When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Calling people with rep and gen leather strap w/Deployant

mandukuk

I am newbie here and just got navitimer.

I have question about the strap and the deployant.

the strap and deployant that cames with when I put everything together it makes kind of like square looking instead of circle.

It's little uncomfortable. (see the picture)

This is becasue of the quality of the rep strap that came with watch? or deployant?

Is rep deployant have same angle curve as the gen?

How does your watch looks like from side view? with deployant?

post-25578-125745744025_thumb.jpg

Hy mandukuk,

at first, welcome to the RWG.

I have a Navitimer rep, too and when it was new, it looks like yours.

The "square look" comes from the paddered strap that going thinner to the deployant.

I think, that is really normal. If you wear it for a longer time, the strap getting softer and rounder.

You have always a problem with the width of the deployant if you have a small wrist.

You can also buy a thinner strap, but I think it looks gruesome in conjunction with the beautiful Navitimer.

enjoy your watch

Friedhelm

post-24805-12574613556_thumb.jpg

Edited by Friedhelm

Welcome!

As Agrippa said, the straps are pretty stiff off the get go rep or gen. They need time to break-in. The rep deployment clasp has much less curve to it then the gen, so it does not fit any where near as comfortably. Same goes for the rep. bracelets that I have found.

The other issue with the deployment I have found is that the strap takes a set. This make fine tuning it for a perfect fit, near impossible, as the strap will work its way back to the set position. After a long day I have found that my strap is a little tight so I adjust it. It stays adjusted for about a day or so, before it goes back to the set position I moved it from.

Right now the best combination working for me is a tang style strap with after marker dual deployment. Kind of the best of both Worlds. Easy to adjust smaller or bigger, does not wear out the strap like a tang buckle, does not take a set, and has the security of a deployment when taking the watch on or off.

:drinks:

I bend the rep deployant to get a more curved look, and then buy a higher quality (or gen) strap. The trick is bending it with a smooth curve and so that the clasp still catches together ;)

Rep faux leather straps are junk, and an instant tell that your watch is fake, they don't even smell of leather :p

Cheers! B)