When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Future Of The Replica World

sam_tgg

My question is: how the replica creators choose what to produce? I am really new in this replica world, but it seems to be clear that what is making trend now are Rolex, Omega and PAMs. But for me that is extrange, expecially in PAMs. I mean: when I look in the luxus watch stores here in Stuttgart, PAMs are a minimal part of the watches, and do not look to be a preference for buyers. Even in some stores do not exist at all.

But all of our dealers sell a lot of PAMs. And they produce new models more, and more accurated every month.

How it works? They just produce what the dealers say is trend now? They produce "easy" reproducible watches? Will they centered in produce the same models with less flaws (like Omega Seamaster) or will they try with new models, or more brands?

The manual version Panerais are probably the easiest watch to reproduce to some kind of believable degree, they use basic Unitas movements and are very popular...

Most are just a slight variation on a very similar theme, so they can produce many models easily and at little cost.

The manual version Panerais are probably the easiest watch to reproduce to some kind of believable degree, they use basic Unitas movements and are very popular...

Most are just a slight variation on a very similar theme, so they can produce many models easily and at little cost.

Absolutley - for Panerais the 6497, whilst not exactly the same (the gen is a 6498-2 and has a higher beat rate), is openly available and costs around $30 to the trade. The cases are relatively simple to machine on a CNC and the dials are also straightforward with no Guilloche patterning etc, so these are a simple easy genuine swiss movt moneyspinner and the fact that they have cult following amongst gen owners means they will sell well - with a high profit margin on them.

I guess also the makers look at fashion trends in general - they are legit watchmakers so no doubt get all the trade magazines and attend all the watch shows so have a pretty good idea what is popular and will sell well.

Yes, I understand that PAMs are easy to rep, but PAMs in general are not really the ones that the general public buys, not gens or reps. Most of the people does not know about PAMs (OK, also not about IWC, PF, etc).

I can accept that the people in this forum (and other similars) are an exception: most of the peoplo will not pay 200, or 300 dolars for a rep. In Spain you can buy a (really bad) rep for 20-30 euros.

But is clear that the kind of reps that are sold by our dealers, are especifically for us. (The same happend with high end bags rep, as Ruby´s ones).

Most of the people that I work with (and all are engineers like me) does not have a mechanical watch (even most of then ease do not know what is that!)

but PAMs in general are not really the ones that the general public buys, not gens or reps.

You forgot the fact that most of the Rolex and Omega watches have already been replicated, just look at the hundreds of Datejusts Joshua is selling.

The other popular brands, like Rado and Longines are already quite cheap in the shops so there's little incentive to rep them.

Quoted from Section 43, Subsection 654, Paragraph 4 of the rep buyer's rulebook: "The mind of the repmaker is a wondrous and mysterious thing. Remember, watches you find ugly may be beautiful to the Repmaker. Completely unreppable watches may be attempted soley at the repmakers discretion. Do not ever ask why gorgeous and easily reppable watches will never, ever be copied. These things are not for you to decide, or even contemplate..."