When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Gen 3035 Movement w/Hands and Crown

preacher62

I think the dial is suspect? What model has a gilt dial and white gold surrounds on the indices? If this is supposed to be a "Bond" sub dial, it's not correct. I'm no Rolex expert, by a long shot, but I can't remember any late model Subs with gilt dials. Certainly stand to be corrected if I'm wrong.

Arthur

Preacher,

You are correct, i forgot completely about the TT and Gold subs, I was focused on vintage stainless steel subs. My bad. Movement would work with anything, dial would only work if you were building a Franken TT or Gold, correct?

Arthur

Make an offer...you never know. But if you're buying just for the movement, you can buy a running datejust with the same movement for the same price or less...those sub hands are worth some coin though...even though the tritium is flaking. I would bet this movement needs a service.

I'm just saying... If the movement is serviced might be a good deal for a franken...

Oh yeah, definately. It's a good service you pointed it out. It's just that everytime I see a movement for sale with dial and stem, I just wonder what happened to the handsome carrying case they came in, erstwhile known as 'the rest of the watch'. It's odd, unless all three components came from three different scources.

If there were such a thing as a true 1:1 replica Rolex cases out there, an aftermarket Italian TT Rolex style bracelet, gen bezel/insert and crystal? You'd come in well under the wire for a gen 16613 and have one hell of a Franken. But it would still cost you. Like Ubi's 116520's. Cheaper, but certainly not cheap. And he has 2X. The yin-yang twins? 'Cachinnnnng!