When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

False websites (copycat)?

Smab

Josh' old site has been down a few days. I found he had announced a new domain (collectors forum). But I found a site looking almost like his, and even with the same logo. But the e-mail adresses and login does not match. I was searching for Perfect Clones, before I read his announcement.

Have you seen it at www.perfect2clones.com ?

Is this also his site or a copy from someone else?

• 3 months later...

I ordered my first rep watch from this site after reading that Josh from perfect clones was a reputable dealer. After seeing www.perfectclones.com clearly isn't a reputable site I googled perfect clones and found perfect2clones. A few days latter I discovered a thread on here that mentioned this site is a scam site. I figured I had been taken, so I ordered a different watch from who I believe is the real Josh at perfect-hour.com.

A few days after sending PP, I received correspondence from perfect2clones regarding the unavailability of the exact watch I had ordered. We emailed back and forth disussing what would make an appropriate substitute. I had originally ordered the A. Lange & Sohne Datograph Chrono/Moon Phase Cream Working M/Chronos" http://perfect2clones.com/al10008-datograph-chronomoon-phase-cream-working-mchronos-p-1549.html. We basically ended up exchanging for the same watch in rose gold with a white face. I am not a gold watch kind of guy, but I really love that watch and I figured I better just play ball since they already had my money.

I received the watch I ordered from Josh. No drama, very nice looking watch the only problem is the rotor doesn't wind the watch (only spent $108, I was honestly expecting more problems than that).

Finally, very relieved that I had not been scammed, I received the first watch from perfect2clones. Of course to add to the drama EMS didn't scan the package after the original departure scan so I had to question if it was really shipped until it actually got here. Again, I am new to the rep world, but at first glance the watch looks beautiful and seems to work fine.

From what I see so far, both watches I received are actually better than I expected to get for their respective prices. I can see how this hobby gets so adictive. I would post some pictures, but the only camera I have with me is on my S%#tberry and it takes terrible pictures. But both watches look better in person than they do on the website.

I posted this just in case someone else is going through the same thing I did. Most of the other posts I have found either here or repgeek involve someone alsmost purchasing from these guys.

I am very thankful there is a great comunity like this to help the newbie like myself. I have learned a ton sifting through your posts. Now if only I could figure out how to adjust the moon-phase...