When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSSD V5 Bezel clicks

panerai153

I just had a look at the photos of my DSSD from Eurotimez. Watch looks fine except the bezel triangle is a little off. It looks like from the head on shot, the bezel triangle is pointing at between the 12 and 1 second ticks on the dial,closer to the 1. It should be aligned directly in the middle with the point dead center on the 12.My question is could this be caused by the bezel being one click off, or would moving the bezel one click make it worse? I asked for it to be fixed and more photos before approving the watch, but this may not be a problem, just a bezel that's off one click. Any suggestions or answers from folks who have received the "upgrade" version of the DSSD would be appreciated. I'm not particularly a perfectionist, but this would drive me crazy if it were not aligned correctly.

From what i could tell, the dial writing "Appears" to be aligned properly, but its very difficult to tell. If I could download the photo and enlarge it in Photoshop, I could get a better idea of the dial. But for now it looks fine. Everything else passes my scrutiny.

Arthur

Guest techlogik

Just turned mine, 120 clicks...

Maybe open the case back, loosen the movement and see if you can turn the rehaut/holder a tad so it aligns?!?!

Mine was about 1/2mm off, and I did that and it sits right on now.

Maybe it is just the dial that is slightly turned in the holder? The E of Escape should right be just to the right |E (actually almost right lined up) on the marker, and the 12 bezel dial marker line lined up with that.

All of those parts are seperate and can move..well except the bezel insert itself...then.....maybe the bezel insert is just turned slightly and glued in slightly off in the bezel itself between clicks?

If the insert is the problem, get the clicks right and see if you can take a hot hair dryer and looses the bezel insert...or remove it and reglue it back in place?!?!

Somebody has a tutorial or mentions I think you just need a hot hair dryer to loosen and remove the insert..then glue it back in.

Just ideas...do at your own risk!!!!

Tech,

Thanks very much for the advice. The watch is still at Eurotimez. I haven't approved it, and I emailed them regarding this problem. i would expect it to be fixed before I accept the watch for shipping.by the way I looked at a few photos of others on their website, and mine was not the only one that has this problem.

Thanks Again

Arthur

Guest techlogik

Ok, good to hear...post photos of it, they are supposed to send photos is you ask...get some different angles, straight on dial shot...make sure the Numbers/print is NOT slanted on the dial.

Bezel is flush, not raised/sunken. Like you said, Rehaut, 12 marker and bezel should all line up right.

So forth and so on...