When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Stiff turning bezel ring

highoeyazmuhudee

The bezel ring on my wm9v1 construct turns too stiff. 1/3 of it is stiff the other 2/3s wont turn without using a shirt sleeve to grip and turn it. Originally it came very stiff, I took it apart including the retaining ring and reinstalled. Is there such thing as installing a retaining ring too tight? no gap between the case, which is what i thought was causing friction on the hardware. I loosened it a fraction of a mm and installed the bezel ring with a press cause i couldnt push it on, but even without a click srping (which was bent in the first attempt) it still takes A LOT of effort to rotate. so it's the actual ring interacting with the retaining ring im thinking (tried two different friction washers as well). surely theres some fix for this or something that can be sanded.

any ideas?

If you have (or can get) some Dykem Blue (machinist's metal dye) you could coat the areas that are suspected, reassemble, rotate through the tight spot one time, and disassemble and see exactly where the contact points are...

FINALLY fixed it! too much pressure against the case at the bottom of the bezel ring. turns nice now. I believe a gen would have no problem with a tightly installed retaining ring. mine has a 0.20mm gap. willing to bet it's still good to 60meters of water cause of the greased o-ring, tho. Will get it tested once complete. now STILL waiting for slowsaleoutlet to deliver my click spring.