When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mercury Needs Help Buying

Mercury

Ok, I never even considered looking at the Pam Ferrari 004 in this purchase because I had once but chose the Tag SLR because of an unbeatable price. I love the Rolex GMTII Coke and Ceramic and those were my choices, but now a member a RG has a Ferrari 004 for sale and now I am just lost on what to get.

DSCN9344.jpg

rolex-gmt-master-ii-300x225.jpg

HELP

Between those two, Hard choice. Do you want the newest and possibly one of the most correct reps out there, except for the cyclops reflections which are very annoying and a tell tale flaw.IF I didn't have a genuine GMT Master 16750, I would probably start with the older "Coke" versoion and add the Ceramic later.

Another consideration is the movements. If either is a so called Correct hand stack model, avoid it at all costs. It's a very, very unreliable movement and unfixable if it breaks. Probably the best movement out there is the ETA 2836-2. It is a WHS (Wrong hand stack). But unless you compare the watches to a genuine side by side, 99.99999% of the folks in the world would not be able to tell the difference.

By-Tor has written very good reviews on the GMT's they will answer a lot of your questions.

Good Luck, either is a nice choice provided they have the right movement.

Arthur

I have been here long enough to know about the CHS movements, most dealers that aren't cartel don't even carry them anymore. I am getting the ETA movement in either watch I just think they both have equally good qualities that make them unique.

The Coke is classic yet different, it has all the Rolex looks but a bezel that you won't find on any other watch. However, the Ceramic has an amazing bracelet and clasp and it looks dressier, which I don't know if I want because I have an Explorer II Black Dial already. I wish somebody would sell one for a good price and end this. :whistling:

Thanks For The Help So Far.

Merc