When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is It Possible To Make Manual A 7750 Modified Mvmt

Guest RiverwindMDS

Guest RiverwindMDS

I was just thinking if it is possible to make the asian 7750 (modified with seconds at 6) be manual, putting out the rotor and doing that I think you can make the movement thinner (I guess)one or two millimeters. And with that you can put this movement in the original case od a Rolex DAytona and you have a perfect daytona 2006 with the original thickness but manual. I think I prefer to have it manual but thinner instead of thicker and auto. What do you think about that? Could it be good?

Please let me know of it is possible.

Thanks

I was just thinking if it is possible to make the asian 7750 (modified with seconds at 6) be manual, putting out the rotor and doing that I think you can make the movement thinner (I guess)one or two millimeters. And with that you can put this movement in the original case od a Rolex DAytona and you have a perfect daytona 2006 with the original thickness but manual. I think I prefer to have it manual but thinner instead of thicker and auto. What do you think about that? Could it be good?

Please let me know of it is possible.

Thanks

Sure... You can easily remove the rotor to make it manual wind. But, if you're going to the trouble of fitting it to a genuine case, you still have the problem of having... An Asian 7750 based movement, with wrong pusher positioning, and stem not aligning properly with the tube. If you're going to use a genuine case, it deserves a better movement that actually fits properly (in my opinion).

110134-24126.jpg

110134-24127.jpg

110134-24128.jpg

Guest RiverwindMDS
Sure... You can easily remove the rotor to make it manual wind. But, if you're going to the trouble of fitting it to a genuine case, you still have the problem of having... An Asian 7750 based movement, with wrong pusher positioning, and stem not aligning properly with the tube. If you're going to use a genuine case, it deserves a better movement that actually fits properly (in my opinion).

110142-24122.jpg

110142-24123.jpg

110142-24124.jpg

Thanks,

but with a custom made case or with a case that fits this movement that is thinner you can have a pretty good copy of the new Daytona with a not so big expense. What do you think about that?

I don't know but I think that the current replicas can be easilly spotted because thay are much thicker than the original one. With this mod you can have a thinner movement and the watch can be spotted much harder.

Thanks

River

Thanks,

but with a custom made case or with a case that fits this movement that is thinner you can have a pretty good copy of the new Daytona with a not so big expense. What do you think about that?

I don't know but I think that the current replicas can be easilly spotted because thay are much thicker than the original one. With this mod you can have a thinner movement and the watch can be spotted much harder.

Thanks

River

Any custom made case is going to be expensive and difficult to source. If it wasn't... Everyone would be doing it. I've been through this, in and out many, many times. There is a reason why I don't own a 116520 Daytona rep... And why I won't buy a 116520 rep. There is no way to do the case with the mod-7750 right. If it can't be done right... I don't want it.

Guest RiverwindMDS
Any custom made case is going to be expensive and difficult to source. If it wasn't... Everyone would be doing it. I've been through this, in and out many, many times. There is a reason why I don't own a 116520 Daytona rep... And why I won't buy a 116520 rep. There is no way to do the case with the mod-7750 right. If it can't be done right... I don't want it.

I found out someone that can do a custom made case with a decent price for 200 pieces. I just want to know if with the mod to manual themovement can be thinner enough to fit a case with the same thickness of the original.

Guest RiverwindMDS

You are right, but I think it is better to have a better rep then don't have one you can wear. And then I think if nobody is doing anything someone have to start trying.

I admire your tenacity, Riverwind, but what you are suggesting is still going to be a [censored]-poor replica, for a lot of hassle and expense!

You are right, but I think it is better to have a better rep then don't have one you can wear. And then I think if nobody is doing anything someone have to start trying.

As has been said already, if this was as easy as you are making it sound then someone would have done it already. I can't imagine a custom made case being an economical option unless the quality is going to be exceptionally poor, plus there is the issue of matching pushers/crown/stem/crystal. Also, what about bezel/markings?!

I am assuming you are talking about some sort of frankenwatch using the rubbish and unreliable seconds@6 bastardised Asia 7750 movement/dial, plus all other parts bar your custom produced case?!

Sorry, but that just doesn't sound appealling, and the only way you are going to get this off the ground is to find 200 people like yourself who not only believe it can be done but won't be disappointed with a crap movement, manually wound slightly thinner Daytona rep at the end...

:thumbdown:

Guest RiverwindMDS
Whoops sorry -RWG had some strange behaviors brack when I psoted this... always showed an error...

Please, can you please explain me or make a guide to make the 7750 manual.

Thanks

Guest RiverwindMDS
Well, I could make you a guide, it's not too difficult, but I hope you have the right tools and a very steady hand. You need to strip down the 7750 quite far to reach the desired effect. And there's quite a few tiny springs and parts that need to be taken care off...

Thank you very much, I really appreciate that. I have a lot of tools, and if i don't have them I'll buy them.

Thanks

River

Having the tools is one thing, having the experience and know-how is another...

Your taking on one of the most difficult movements there is for your first watchmaking project, without any prior experience, there is a really good chance that you will end up destroying or damaging the movement beyond repair, I hope your using a asian movement for your experement that is already broken...

I am still not really clear why you even want to take it apart, without a case for it to go into, I am not sure the reason to do it...

The only thickness your going to save is the rotor...you cant' take anymore of the movement apart as it's all needed to make the chrono work...so unless your planning on not having a working chrono...you can only remove one part to make it thinner...the rotor...

The thickness added by the rotor is about 1mm or so...not enough to make any noticeable difference, actually the difference between a 7760 manual wind, and a 7750 auto, is exactly 0.90mm...so why bother at all...

RG

Guest RiverwindMDS
Having the tools is one thing, having the experience and know-how is another...

Your taking on one of the most difficult movements there is for your first watchmaking project, without any prior experience, there is a really good chance that you will end up destroying or damaging the movement beyond repair, I hope your using a asian movement for your experement that is already broken...

I am still not really clear why you even want to take it apart, without a case for it to go into, I am not sure the reason to do it...

The only thickness your going to save is the rotor...you cant' take anymore of the movement apart as it's all needed to make the chrono work...so unless your planning on not having a working chrono...you can only remove one part to make it thinner...the rotor...

The thickness added by the rotor is about 1mm or so...not enough to make any noticeable difference, actually the difference between a 7760 manual wind, and a 7750 auto, is exactly 0.90mm...so why bother at all...

RG

I mean, if someone can help me I just want to try! Thanks

I mean, if someone can help me I just want to try! Thanks

If you want to try, why risk the entire movement. I'm sure you can find a watchsmith who will do it for you.

I went over this exact idea with my watchsmith, in person, days after the new daytonas came out.

The pushers won't work.

The crown won't work.

The watch will still be 1.6 mm too thick.