When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM111 F-series vs. G-series crown guard

Whatever123

Yes, the only difference between the F111 and G111 is the crownguard. The G series was the last series to use the 'painted', non-sandwich dial and also the last series to use the older style (PANERAIPANERAI) movement engraving. Therefore, apart from the appropriate caseback engraving the only difference is the larger, brushed CG on the G series, while the F sries still had the same smaller, polished CG, used since the preA series.

IMG_2311.jpg

IMG_2313.jpg

Top is a G/H-current series CG

Bottom is a E-F/G series CG

Top is brushed and thick with a curved profile

Bottom is fully polished and flat plus thinner

Both rep CGs mind you. LH and Angus Ultimate. But fairly close to gen and good enough to illustrate the differences.

The G series from my understanding sometimes came with the polished CG and sometimes with the thicker CGs. Could be wrong.

Forgot a frontal shot

IMG_2307.jpg

Edited by unregistered

You're right, of course.

My "fixation" on the f-series comes from a friend who saw the back of my watch and told me "it says H-series here... it should be F...". :whistling:

I'm still learning... OK? ;)

I will post some pics of my watch tomorrow (I need daylight!) and let you decide... but as I already said in another thread, I don't want to make the watch perfect, just good enough for myself to be satisfied with it.

Cheers,

Whatever123

Nice. The dial has pretty fat numbers, great candidate for a relume.

You do need to polish that CG though, or get a newer Seadbo (RG term) CG and polish it as its a lot thicker. A new T48 crown would also be better as that crown, the teeth look off.

But a great PAM nonetheless, well on the way to great accuracy