When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Little PAM problem

Marky1012

I was walking to the station in the rain on my way home from work and I felt something go on my wrist. My PAM 111H had separated at the top of the strap, as a result of the screw in lug pin (can someone tell me what it is called?) coming out of the lugs. I had noticed that it was not screwing in properly and had come loose once before. I have checked the threads in the lug and one side has deteriorated.

So, I am left with a watch that I might not be able to wear again - which I am not happy about!

I am thinking there may be a solution, although I don't think there is much I can do about the thread inside the lug, there may be something I can do with a spring bar as a replacement. What do you think? I there another option? Anything you guys can suggest would be appreciated. I'm not technical so it will need to be simple!

Not a problem, even gens suffer from this. There are spring bars available for PAMs on eBay. When inserted they look just like a lug screw (screw head on one side, flat end on other).

Just do a search for "Panerai springbars"

Argh, vlydog beat me to the punch, exact same posting time though :)

Edited by Drulee

Thanks guys, help and advice much appreciated.

I never fail to be impressed with the helpfulness and the generosity of this forum.

Ironically, Tee-Jay, I have just purchased a couple of straps for the watch!

The springbars will make that all the more fun :D