When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New DSSD P.C. version Crystal height

lanikai

The V-3 crystal height was rather flat compared to the gen DSSD.. it was due in part with the insert riding to high and the crystal itself being rather flat..

the New DSSD by Perfect Clones seems to have addressed both issues.

It was difficult capturing the outline of the domed sapphire on the new version.. it is rather translucent (obviously) and challenging to get perfect.. so I had to take it at times at a little bit of an angle.. but I think the outline is captured so you can make out the shape..

anyway.. some pics for crystal height..

You can make out the lip of the crystal in the New Version DSSD in the backgound and look to the reflection on the crystal for curvature.

dssdreview169.jpg

at this angle you can see the curvature and apex of the crystal a little better than horizontally.. where the apex of the crystal distorts, with light bouncing around on the inside of the crystal.

dssdreview157.jpg

The best shot I could get of the genuine.. again borrowed from a gen. forum.. thank you gen forum and owner of this pic.

You can make out the shape, though not the best image, but enough to give you an idea of the slight dome in the crystal.

0295.jpg

This is the most I can go on the New DSSD without loosing the shape in the image

dssdreview166.jpg

But you can see how flat the V3 crystal is.. almost no dome

dssdreview160.jpg

Notice the reflection in the crystal that looks like steps.. progressing as the dome increases.

dssdreview156.jpg

the newest DSSD version is definitely a domed crystal..

dssdreview171.jpg

AC/Lani

Guest techlogik

I don't believe it's sapphire either.... ;)

Yes, V3 had it pretty good...looks like the new one you have is close to that which is closer to Gen.

Definitely hard to capture and show with photos, but you can tell and see it.

I don't believe it's sapphire either.... ;)

Yes, V3 had it pretty good...looks like the new one you have is close to that which is closer to Gen.

Definitely hard to capture and show with photos, but you can tell and see it.

You again!!!! :nea: .. don't ya have something to do ?? your mama is calling I think.. :rofl:.. you need to take out the dog or somethinnnnnn...

yeah.. it is a definite improvement.

I don't think you really exist.. how's that :lol:

AC/Lani