When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sad day

jchurch

Anyone have any ideas on what is wrong?

Crown looks like it is pulled out but it isn't pulled out. Watch is still moving and running appears to be working but the crown is very loose and has a little wobble. I haven't moved it any out of fear of breaking it more. So any ideas on what is wrong, cost to repair, anyone local in Colorado? Or where to send it off to have it worked on.

I'd post some better photographs of it but don't have the cable with me for the camera.

4157577387_dc116ea819.jpg

Anyone have any ideas on what is wrong?

Crown looks like it is pulled out but it isn't pulled out. Watch is still moving and running appears to be working but the crown is very loose and has a little wobble. I haven't moved it any out of fear of breaking it more. So any ideas on what is wrong, cost to repair, anyone local in Colorado? Or where to send it off to have it worked on.

I'd post some better photographs of it but don't have the cable with me for the camera.

4157577387_dc116ea819.jpg

I take It that It does not screw back Into the case. It looks like a common problem with some reps. loose crowns. The crown tubes can be thin and this Is what can happen In no time at all. This Is what I have been told anyway. I have a rep that Is having the wobbling crown Issue also. I hope someone can shed some light as to a fix, good luck :) Mike

I take It that It does not screw back Into the case. It looks like a common problem with some reps. loose crowns. The crown tubes can be thin and this Is what can happen In no time at all. This Is what I have been told anyway. I have a rep that Is having the wobbling crown Issue also. I hope someone can shed some light as to a fix, good luck :) Mike

i dont know whether its a crown coming off the stem hence the wobbliness.. or its actually thread is stripped.. usually what i do when the tube thread is stripped is pinch the tube and it usually worked.. but if ur scared of damaging it.. take it to a watchsmith :D

I am all for the "right way", but since Gen Breitling crowns/tubes are a whole lot harded to come by the Rolex

Thanks for the prompt responses everyone.

I don't see any threads it looks like a polished piece sticking out. What way would it screw in?

I think I have it kind of fixed... lol

I pushed it all the way in (felt like a spring was pushing it out) and twisted it a little and now the crown will unscrew and screw back down normally and it appears to be staying in. Is there something else I could do to ensure it stays put? I end up setting my watches like once a week (winder died on me, but I got it cheap off fleabay and it lasted a year) that might be part of the problem also.

Oh and on the positive side. This is the only problem what so ever that I have had with this watch. The genuine invicta I purchased had the crown come off (i toyed with a cheap genuine before getting a rep) within a week or so of having it. But got it changed out and haven't had any other problems.

Starts right up after i rotate it on my wrist once or twice and keeps pretty decent time. will also gor for about a day or so without being worn just sitting on the kitchen counter lol.

i dont know whether its a crown coming off the stem hence the wobbliness.. or its actually thread is stripped.. usually what i do when the tube thread is stripped is pinch the tube and it usually worked.. but if ur scared of damaging it.. take it to a watchsmith :D

:victory: thanks