When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dial repair advice needed....

unit17

I have a yellow Breitling Seawolf Avenger with a small problem. It seems that the inner rehault bezel under crystal (sorry dont know the correct term for it) has a small gap between itself and where it meets the dial. No photos i'm affraid, as the macro on my camera wont pick it up, but you can clearly see a small gap between the 12 and 4 markers, where it looks slightly detached? If it was a dark dial, to be honest you probably wouldn't notice but the yellow shows all defects. Does anyone know a fix for this problem, how does the inner rehault bezel attach to the dial?

I am capable of removing the movement etc but will not attempt a stripdown or removal of hands. I am guessing once the movement is out i will have access to the bezel fitment?

Before i undertake such a job, wondered if any members had come across or fixed such a problem??

Thanks in advance.

The bezel is normally glued to the dial, there are alignment pins on the bezel at 12 and 6, and cooresponding holes in the dial.

More than likely the problem is not that the bezel is loose, but that it wasn't glued tightly against the dial face.

To fix it, you will have to remove the bezel, can be done with a sharp xacto carefully, then you need to scrape off the old glue, and then glue it back to the dial. I recommend GS Hypo cement because it won't damage the dial face if you get some on it. A few drops around the dial will hold it firmly and tightly against the dial.