When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

202A PVD Full sunlight

lanikai

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Lani, I will ask DSN if he has any 202s ready and see if I can get it to The Zigmeister in time as a start.

It looks amazing, congrats!

DSN doesn't have anymore old stock.. I'm getting a sample in from another source.. I'll post pics.. hope it pans out.. you do need a case back and crystal.. DSN has the correct on .. where the crystal peeks over the top of the case.. all you need to do is strip the AR.. I swapped the correct one in these pics.. DSN's AR is single sided and easy to strip with a dremel..the 6497 movement can be gotten through Ofrei... oh yeah.. your going to need the hands from DSN also.

good luck and stay tuned for the case set.

AC/Lani

Just realized aquiring an uber rep is complicated. Is it in the "tools and parts" section one need to stay tuned?

We'll help you through it Kent..

Just check in regarding the case .. you may want to see what Fishgodeep will have available in dials..

Email DSN, inquire about PreV hands ..hour, minute, sub second .. (if needed) don't worry about the colour of the lume at this stage... also a crystal.. you need a dremel tool to remove the AR coating.. Pre V's had no AR coat... but don't worry about that for the time being... I have a crystal I can remove the AR.. and we can do a swap.

the movement can be ordered from Ofrei.. google "Ofrei" or "Cousins" in UK. for the 6497 eta movement.

don't worry about the CG for now.

The enjoyment of this hobby .. is the hunt for parts and seeing the finished project.. it is very rewarding.. sometimes more so than buying a genuine :thumbsupsmileyanim: .

and wearing a timepiece that you had a hand in making is so gratifying..

get started now cause we have one month to get you all set. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC/Lani

FGD has more PreV dials being made and you need to find a PreV case set.. stubby lugs.. sign up for The Zigmeister's January PVD run and your set..

hard to get this one off my wrist.. :lol:

that IS good news that FGD is running a new batch of pre-v dials

WHERE TO SIGN UP FOR ONE :bounce::Jumpy::shock::wub::1a:

you do need a case back and crystal.. DSN has the correct on .. where the crystal peeks over the top of the case.. all you need to do is strip the AR.. I swapped the correct one in these pics.. DSN's AR is single sided and easy to strip with a dremel..

AC/Lani

´

i find it much easier to remove the AR with nailpolish remover - i did that with a AR'de crystal for my gen RXW MM20.

After the watchmaker had changed the crystal, he had made big marks in the AR - so i had to remove it - and the Nailpolish remover did the job very easy.

Jesper

yeah J.. it depends on the quality of the AR...good nail polish remover is 100% acetone which will strip low quality AR.. DSN's is of better grade and needs a dremel .. felt wheel and I use green jewelers rouge .. faster than the red rouge..

and if your sending it in to Chief for his coat , I would advise to go with the dremel.. any hint of old AR will badly tarnish the new coating.. tiny specs that appear like scratches will show up on the new coating

it took about 20 minutes on low speed .. so no residue or spots were left I went over it several times..a small area at a

time.

Actually you could use the movement, crystal, hands crown.. do you know what movement he is offering?? .. all you need is a case (which I hope my sample will pan out).. and FGD's dial.. did you get the dial ???

Edit add. you need to see what dial FGD has available.. and then request the proper case back with your watch form DSN, there are no more 202A dials available.. if the SS version is cheaper go for that one.

AC/Lani

man im still having trouble finding a case.. those things are like dinosaur teeth.. i dunno how u managed to find one lani

Still not yet??? I have a sample coming in .. I will psot it up if it pans out then you'll have your case armin.. but you still need a case back better CG crystal ..

fingers and toes crossed.. I'd like to see you get yours done too.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

thanks lani.. i got everything.. i just need a decent enough case that is worth for me to pvd with z's pvd :) if u know wat i mean.. i mean ur the master here.. so if u think ur case is good enough and worth of pvd'ing i guess ill go on with it.. i have a dsn crystal and currently have a custom 202/a caseback, fgd dial, gen crown, t-48.. just the case is the one that is so rare to find..

so the only thing for me to find now is pretty much

- a movement (easy to find)

- jimmyfu hands the black ones(but even then i really dont need it)

and the stupid case :@

the closest i found to even being close is a jimmy fu.. and thats far from being correct :(

Edited by arminvanbuuren