When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new Crown Jewel. Cousteau 06 Gen 79320 Lumed on Bracelet Crazy!

Guest techlogik

Guest techlogik

So you all probably saw my other post with my Cousteau 06. That one had a Swiss movement swap, Lume etc. I sourced another one with a Gen 79320 Movement with relumed Dial/Hands.

I took the movement/dial/hands from the new one, and put them in my case with lumed bezel. I swapped it from rubber to SS bracelet, which is more comfortable IMO.

I put my old Swiss movement and other lumed Dial/hands into the new case.

Anyway, photos are below of the new setup. You have to see the crazy 10 second lume shot...just wish I set the time before doing that to 10:10, because you would have been able to read the day/date with the bezel lume....lol....

Here it is...my favorite rep all modded up.

Specs:

IWC Cousteau 06

Gen IWC 79320 Movement

Bezel Lume, Dial/Hands

Stainless Bracelet from my Slevin

I hope this isn't a Rep rotor!

2my5ilj.jpg

6rsvo6.jpg

2qa20t0.jpg

k1qjj9.jpg

ilvwq1.jpg

MMMMMMmmmmmm....Chunky Lume!!!!

259bmon.jpg

And now the Money Shot.....

2qxq842.jpg

3308a43.jpg

Guest techlogik

Thanks for the feedback and compliments.

Thanks Concepta for the Gen 79320 and cousteau with relume on the dial/hands which I took and put in my case/bezel. I have it regulated by hand right now, it is easily keeping within a second/two a day.

The only thing with the bracelet is that there is about 1mm gap between the lugs due to the Cousteau being 1mm wider than the Slevin. The bracelet is from my Slevin originally. Just swapped it with the rubber. It is more comfortable. I know you can get the Cousteau with a bracelet, but I wonder if it is the correct width, or just the same you can get for the slevin?

But when wearing it, you can't even tell the gaps on the side are there.

Bracelet is very comfy...better than the rubber I think.

Thanks to Gio's tutorial on the polishing of the watch, I got a lot of little things corrected like marks near the lug hole, and some weird spots on the bracelet and clasp...looks nice and brushed now! Of course those photos shows some spots you can't see with the naked eye...darn macro shots....

I would like to see a Gen next to this one. It would be hard to tell I think, the chunky lume is probaby the giveaway.

Regarding comparing it to a gen CD look no more ..... Just send it to Denmark and I will personally compare it to my friends gen :-)

Seriously - congratulations ! A very impressive watch.

Guest techlogik

Little tip - find SS bracelet from cheaper (21j) Cousteau, and take end link from it. It fits perfectly between Slevin bracelet and Cousteau watch.

A-1.jpg

My slevin bracelet which was a direct fit has 1/2mm gap, just like that one in the photo appears to have.