When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just placed an order for a TT sub, however...

WhiskyJack

Hey guys, after reading several posts of people recommending getting a WM9 if you want the best rep available, and seeing that BK deals with them I placed an order for a TT Sub for $550. Now I've just been reading old posts on WM9 and there's a lot of negative things said, but these posts are a couple years old. Whats the deal, should I be worried or cancel my order?

WM9 (watchmaker9.tv) updates the versions of each model from time to time. If you're looking the TT sub, are you referring to a black or blue dial/bezel version? WM9 just updated a new version of the blue dial/bezel 16613 this year (2009) while the black dial/bezel was last updated in 2006. Perhaps the comments you saw from a couple years back were of the older versions? Recent versions updated these two years 2008-2009 had most of the previous flaws corrected.

Talk to bk about it. He can help you clarify all these queries you have and get you what you want.

It's for the blue bezel model.

I couldn't figure out exactly what WM9 had done, but i read several allegations of them being scammers. Whats up with that?

For the previous versions WM9 quality being similar to (or worse than) the cheaper China reps in past, they were alleged being scammers as they were too expensive. Then with the recent updated ones, some brave forum members decided to test water and bought themselves WM9 watches. One of them being BK. Apparently, the new WM9 aren't as bad as the general rep forum community thought, and price-justification perception has thus changed. Today, it's proven (by many different forum members) to be one of the best reps around.

Do note that the rep market moves fast. When there is a demand, there is always a compelling supply. What you read written years ago may not apply today.