When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Extra DW6263 repair/ mod advice

gplracer

I have an extra DW6263 that has loose pushers. They screw all the way out. I know this is a known issue. What are my options and what does it require? I would assume after market pushers from Ofrei would be one option but how are they installed? I think the thread pitch would be different.

The thread pitch seems to vary on DW cases & it also seems to be luck-of-the-draw as to what you get. Some cases accept Ofrei pushers, while a 2nd copy of the same case may not. There are 2 types of pushers generally used - the body of both types screw into the case, but 1 type secures the inner components with a small circlip inside the case & the other has a 2-part inner pusher assembly that screws together from opposite sides of the case. If your existing pusher is loose, 1st check to see if the pusher body fits the case. If the pusher body is loose in the case, I would contact Ziggy to see if he can install re-tapped spacers in the existing case holes? If the pusher body is secure, but the inner components are loose, then check for either a missing circlip inside the case or a loose inner pusher shaft (which you need to tighten with a pair of pliers or whatever you have that can turn/tighten the inner shaft).

Pushers are pretty simple components.

It looks like I spoke out of turn..... When The Zigmeister looked at this watch. There was a problem with the movement. It is being replaced... The Zigmeister also commented about the pusher coming out. The pushers seem to work fine now. I guess he fixed that when he had it. I have the ones with the circlip on the inside. All is fine now. All I have to do now is wait for a new movement.