When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help!

Mrkampa

Ok, so i had to do the keyless works on my IWC ingy, all went good until i had to put it all back togheter!

When i had all the parts reasemblyed i was ready to put the movement and dial and all into the case, did this and reatached the stem.

When i turned the watch around the second hand was floating around in the watch! opend it all up and attached the second hand and then the same problem all over again!

Did this around 100times now!

please can some one help me on this one?

Thanks!

-Kampa

Wild guess - if it is the base Ingenieur than the seconds is at the top of the hand stack. In any case you will need either a new second hand or someone who can gently crimp it so that it holds onto the top of the pinion securely. If it doesn't work after crimping then glue it on. I can't remember that rep but is there a cap on the top of the hand stack on the rep? I know there isn't one on the gen but you never know. But if it swings around freely when it is on then you need to do what I said above. If you are playing around with keyless works you are probably up to it.

I think a tiny drop and i mean tiny, tiny tiny drop of thread lock with solve this, normally the first thing i wold try is a gentle crimp but it is soo easy to crush the tube then thread lock is the easy way, but too much and you are up the creak as you will never get the hand off so be care full.