When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UN Maxi Marine Diver

lanikai

After waiting the better part of the year for the release of the MMD .. my attention span fizzled out and I had other projects on my plate.. and I wasn't overly impressed by the pics.. but after finishing the projects I had going on at the time.. the MMD started appealing to me again..

And now I am totally happy I made the purchase.. one important issue that needs attention .. the AR is very good.. but the UN gen AR is the closest I've seen to Chiefs.. if you think I turn it around and compare a genuine AR to Chiefs AR coat.. you haven't seen chiefs in person.. :lol:

And looking at the crystal and mag .. I believe it is totally doable :1a: .. pop off the mag.. send the crystal to Chief.. replace the mag.. since the mag is on the underside of the crystal chiefs AR should be fine for the mag also..

One thing that is so cool with the rep .. the dial will react to light and from white in natural shade to silver in brighter lighting.. how cool is that?? B)

I like the working Power Reserve.. it's nice to have a "working" PR..

The font is sharp and crisp..

I prefer the rep. in white/silver.. the black is a nice contrast .. but the white appears more crisp and brings out the font and the anchor in much better detail.. where as the black dulls the detail ..imo..

here are some fast pics in different lighting, so view the dial as it changes in the light..

unmmfgddialfmstrap060.jpg

unmmfgddialfmstrap059.jpg

unmmfgddialfmstrap064.jpg

unmmfgddialfmstrap057.jpg

unmmfgddialfmstrap067.jpg

unmmfgddialfmstrap063.jpg

unmmfgddialfmstrap017.jpg

unmmfgddialfmstrap007.jpg

unmmfgddialfmstrap002.jpg

unmmfgddialfmstrap008.jpg

unmmfgddialfmstrap009.jpg

unmmfgddialfmstrap011.jpg

unmmfgddialfmstrap025.jpg

unmmfgddialfmstrap021.jpg

unmmfgddialfmstrap019.jpg

unmmfgddialfmstrap013.jpg

unmmfgddialfmstrap028.jpg

unmmfgddialfmstrap029.jpg

unmmfgddialfmstrap032.jpg

unmmfgddialfmstrap030.jpg

unmmfgddialfmstrap035.jpg

unmmfgddialfmstrap036.jpg

Definitely white/silver..for me.. B)

thanks for viewing

AC/Lani

Thank you Z.. been awhile brah.. good to see ya...

One issue I might mention.. the bracelet is a little sharp around the edges.. needs some attention there.. but the weight to the MMD rep. is substantial.. good balance on the wrist..

for the price I'm very pleased the gearing feels smooth through the crown.. Asian clone.. so we'll see how it keeps time over the next month .. non stop PR.. B)

if it keeps in sync with the Asian clones on my other reps of recent purchase it should be fine.. fingers crossed..

edit add: the lume is quite interesting.. got to view the gen before I comment..

AC/Lani

Lani:

That is one of my favorite Nardin watches and it looks great. My only question is with the bracelet clasp. On the other Nardin reps I have purchased the clasp falls apart. I have gone through three of them in less than 6 months of casual wear. Is the bracelet clasp the same or has it changed?

I did sand down the edges on the bracelet (took it completely apart) and let is sit in silicon. The result was great I am just worried about the clasp.

Lani:

That is one of my favorite Nardin watches and it looks great. My only question is with the bracelet clasp. On the other Nardin reps I have purchased the clasp falls apart. I have gone through three of them in less than 6 months of casual wear. Is the bracelet clasp the same or has it changed?

I did sand down the edges on the bracelet (took it completely apart) and let is sit in silicon. The result was great I am just worried about the clasp.

Dunno.. this is the first Nardin that I have with the bracelet.. in fact Josh sent me a bracelet with this order for my Maxi Marine.. if you remember when they (Maxi Marine) first came out they only had them with the rubber strap.. which I like, but the bracelet is so nice.. and really adds to the look..

I do wish the bracelet came with a divers extension though.. it makes it so much easier to take off the wrist.

Great watch and Pics, Lani. I'm also a big fan and have two. the blue and black and red. This model is really a standout for looks. In the last two months both have kept extremely good time. No issues there. The winding is very smooth on both and the PR is about 36hours on one and 30 on the other.

realy cool watch, i dont know the gen, but this watch looks real cool, a super summer watch for the beach :D is it waterressistant too? did you testet it lanikai? but hey what is this for a ring at the pics 7 and 16, is this the RWG allstar ring :D i think i can read RWG on him right? :D:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Just a word of caution Denz.. I myself don't take reps into the water.. no matter what the statement says about them being waterproof.. ther are those that do after have them worked on by a watch smith or themselves..

but as Eddie Lee used to phrase it: waterproof ~ 50 yard dash in rain.

I'll check to see if there are any more rings.. it was a fund raiser and not something that the board is likely to do again.. (don't ask) :lol:

Thanks for that Lani, i have not bought a watch from a dealer for ages and now you post this, :black_eye:

Lazarini had the gen that i tried for a while in Brussels and it is just an outstanding watch, oh how you tempt me.

Any one bought on in the EU and dont like it??????????????????

So you finally caved and got one, Lani!

I'm wearing mine as I type, it truly is a gorgeous watch, the white dial is a chameleon for sure.

Remarkable pix too, you are very talented.

So you finally caved and got one, Lani!

I'm wearing mine as I type, it truly is a gorgeous watch, the white dial is a chameleon for sure.

Remarkable pix too, you are very talented.

Thanks for the kind words R..

yuppers.. finally got it.. it's twin white dial is residing in Denver .. guess who.. :lol:

gotta get wet sand paper to the bracelet .. the edges are a bit too sharp .. jus obsessing as usual :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC/L

Thank you Z.. been awhile brah.. good to see ya...

One issue I might mention.. the bracelet is a little sharp around the edges.. needs some attention there.. but the weight to the MMD rep. is substantial.. good balance on the wrist..

for the price I'm very pleased the gearing feels smooth through the crown.. Asian clone.. so we'll see how it keeps time over the next month .. non stop PR.. B)

if it keeps in sync with the Asian clones on my other reps of recent purchase it should be fine.. fingers crossed..

edit add: the lume is quite interesting.. got to view the gen before I comment..

AC/Lani

Hey Lani. Good to see you too brah!

Yes, I haven't been participating like I'd like to much of late, but I've been around. Mostly to lurk and drool on the awesome pieces you and many of other post up. LOL My optometrist keeps telling me to get a bigger computer screen or get another hobby. Yes, I've got that 24" LCD coming this week. :)

Keep up to the awesome work Lani! It's much appreciated.

So Ubi got one also...

You two are from the same pod, I think. :D

If you knew some of the same life forces that have occurred simultaneously to us both at the same time.. you would not need to read anymore psychic mysteries..at first it was freakish...now it's SOP.. strange to say the least.

Ztech

Hey Lani. Good to see you too brah!

Yes, I haven't been participating like I'd like to much of late, but I've been around. Mostly to lurk and drool on the awesome pieces you and many of other post up. LOL My optometrist keeps telling me to get a bigger computer screen or get another hobby. Yes, I've got that 24" LCD coming this week. :)

Keep up to the awesome work Lani! It's much appreciated.

thanks Z.. we're all holding down the fort for ya..

24" screen.. :lol:

someday I gotta unpack mine... seriously been siting unpacked for a year now..it's time to upgrade before I even use it.. :rolleyes:

AC/Lani