When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The twins has come home :) SA with black & white baton dials

concepta

Wow, those are some damn nice frankens you've got there!

The datefont on the black one is wrong though... Are you sure both have B13s and not just decorated ETA7750s with Breit rotors?

Anyway, fantastic Breits!

Wear 'em well!

Greetz.

Yes i know! One of the movements did not have a DW. I have ordered a new one.

Yes these are gen Breitling movements and there has been several threads about the cosc engraving or not. My supplier (which is a Breitling re-seller) told me that there are both B13 with cosc engravings as well as non-engraved. It seems like all the new produced is engraved but "older" movements lacks engravings.

Thanks

Yes i know! One of the movements did not have a DW. I have ordered a new one.

Yes these are gen Breitling movements and there has been several threads about the cosc engraving or not. My supplier (which is a Breitling re-seller) told me that there are both B13 with cosc engravings as well as non-engraved. It seems like all the new produced is engraved but "older" movements lacks engravings.

Thanks

All COSC certified movements have a number engraved on them. This is so they can always be referenced and tracked during testing and at their service intervals. All Breitlings produced after 2000 are COSC certified. Prior to 2000, Breitling only COSC certified certain pieces, usually their high end Windrider and Navitimer series. These pieces were identified with either "CHRONOMETRE" printed on the dial and also the model numbers 4th character is the number 3 along with their COSC number engraved on the movement.

So while your movement maybe a Gen B13, it was produced prior to 2000 and was not COSC.

I feel the same! I like the Batons as they give more of a professional look over the numeral, however I love the sub dial contrasts as on the arabic models.

I think we should form a support group to help us get through it!!

It is a much nicer dial..... as well as the batons I prefer the lume markers