When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSN crystal

PeteM

Can anyone tell me if there is a difference in the crystal DSN supplies in his 127 or 217 ultimates to the gen crystal he sells seperately. Well he refers too it as gen I assume its Genlike? For $120

Amongst other things I refer to the shape of the crystal and the AR

Thanks

Can anyone tell me if there is a difference in the crystal DSN supplies in his 127 or 217 ultimates to the gen crystal he sells seperately. Well he refers too it as gen I assume its Genlike? For $120

Amongst other things I refer to the shape of the crystal and the AR

Thanks

I know that there is different saffire crystals from DSN but I do not know what the crystal looks like if You buy one now!?

Some of them is a little more flat on the top and some are "round" all the way!

The distortion on the crystals seems to vary ( but also the genuine 127/217 crystals have DIFFERENT distortion according to frontpictures of genuine ones!) a lot!

I know that the AR coating on the DSN is way to blueish but that is quite easy to remove :)

Thanks.

I remember Lani mentioned the doming difference with the gen, I just wondered if DSN's Ultimate crystal was different to his seperately sold crystal for that reason but going on your reply its hit and miss!

Personally I have found the easiest way to tell the difference from a gen to a rep with the distortion is the way the 9 and 3 reflect against the glass when you see a lume shot.

I have never removed AR myself but I didnt think it was that easy, I know Chief advocated a mini buffer and some cream, cant remember name at moment (is it red something?)

But I have read the CC will do it. I suppose it depends on whose AR it is?

Thanks.

I remember Lani mentioned the doming difference with the gen, I just wondered if DSN's Ultimate crystal was different to his seperately sold crystal for that reason but going on your reply its hit and miss!

Personally I have found the easiest way to tell the difference from a gen to a rep with the distortion is the way the 9 and 3 reflect against the glass when you see a lume shot.

I have never removed AR myself but I didnt think it was that easy, I know Chief advocated a mini buffer and some cream, cant remember name at moment (is it red something?)

But I have read the CC will do it. I suppose it depends on whose AR it is?

I use the kind of cleaning cream that You use for ceramic cooking owens!

You have to work with for a while but I am perfectly happy with tha metod and has not remoed the crysral from the bezel either !

I can say now the crystals are the same, the ones in his 127/217 ultimates are the same ones he sends out as parts with same AR and shape