When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Michael Schumacher back in F1..

numptyj

So Michael Schumacher will be racing next season for Mercedes (previously the Brawn team) who won the constructors and world drivers title this season

I am VERY excited, hes been out for 3 years, but I still reckon he is definitely gonna be very very fast.

Hopefully the Mercedes car will be just as good as this season, if it is, there is going to be some very competitive racing against Mclaren, Ferrari and Red Bull.

Too early to say he will win his 8th world title? I think he is well in contention.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8429186.stm

I love the way he says he cant wait to throw the car around, not drive it but throw is around, he is ready to take this chance and grab it by the horns, it will be a special season I think

Hey numptyj, I haven't truely followed F1 since the passing of the great A. Senna, but I am excited to see Michael return to F1. F1 just hasn't been what it used to be. Hope this will make F1 worth following again. Thanks for the heads up.

z

a lot of people didnt like the way schumi would win pretty much all the time, but in sports sometimes you just have to have a figure who is just the pinnacle of the sport.

Since he has been away its been good to see the new talent rise up and I think its gonna be really exciting to see these new drivers who almost have this fearless attitude against a true master who can get every tenth he can out of the car

a lot of people didnt like the way schumi would win pretty much all the time,

While I agree he had his moments. Damon Hill immediately springs to mind. I think the "all the time" is a bit off. Unless you are talking Pit Strategy etc. The last few years of his career I felt were actually rather clean. I recall Montoya running into more people in those later days.

Glad to see him coming back. :good:

I agree. In the past, other then recent few years, it has always been about the car as much as the driver. So, usually the race for the podium has always been a race between 3 to 4 teams who've had the best cars. It's been good to see some of the previously lesser teams doing so well of late, but I just don't get all the politics of F1.