When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Waterproofing AP ROO

txcollector

Folks,

Has anyone done any type of serious waterproofing with the AP ROO?

I had to replace the bezel of my ROO due to a scratch so I had to basically disassemble the RRO and I noticed that the rubber gasket between the bezel and case and the one on the back case are not greased. I'm wondering if I should put some grease there.

I assume the pushers and crown are greased based on the pictures I've seen in Archimede's review. However the bezel and caseback are dry as a bone.

Anybody would have any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks

Certainly grease those whilst you have it down, and if they are dry, it's a pretty good bet that the stem and pushers will be dry as well. Just because one was reviewed as good, doesn't mean the next has even been touched!

So probably a good idea to have a look at those others and grease as necessary. Then test it!

O/S

Certainly grease those whilst you have it down, and if they are dry, it's a pretty good bet that the stem and pushers will be dry as well. Just because one was reviewed as good, doesn't mean the next has even been touched!

So probably a good idea to have a look at those others and grease as necessary. Then test it!

O/S

Thanks O/S

Additional question, with these sec@12 models, would you know if the procedure would be to remove the crown/stem, remove the movement and then the pushers would be exposed? Not sure if there's something I should disconnect from the pushers before removing the movement.

Edited by txcollector

Sorry, I don't know the watch or movement.

If you remove the stem, you will get a good idea if the movement will just come out, Normally the pushers are just working against levers on the movement, and are seperate. You can then investigate the seals on the pushers.

Good Luck.

O/S

Definitely grease all the rubber gaskets! When you assemble it back, make sure you torque the screws properly or equally and put them back like putting your bolts on your tire rims after you rotate them.........criss-cross! Don't overdo your torque.....you'll know it if you do koz the gaskets will bulge out!

My ROOs all pass a 10ATM test by my watchsmith after I greased them, I actually dived with my Safari up to 75-80ft last Feb!

p2100029nu1.jpg

aproosaf1azv9.jpg

Good luck!