When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona With New Asian 7750

kingkitesurf

How do I know a dealer carries the Daytona with the new 28.800 Asian 7750...

Is it all 'non swiss versions with running seconds at 6? What does El Primero mean and do the Vintage 6263 have a reliable movement because of the setup of subdials?

Or is actually no Daytona with running secs@6 reliable on the long run? According to The Zigmeister it's not because of the drag from 11 extra gears.

Which Daytonas did not have seconds @6. Vintage ones?

In other words who knows is a reliable config in a Daytona that is not unrealistic?

A lot of questions but I can not see the forrest amongst the trees in this subject.

Edited by kingkitesurf

How do I know a dealer carries the Daytona with the new 28.800 Asian 7750... Is it all non swiss versions with running seconds at 6? In other words who knows what is a reliable config in a Daytona? What does El Primero mean and do the Vintage 6263 have the best reliable movement?

A lot of questions but I can not see the forrest amongst the trees in this subject.

I think there is a seller named Razorfish carry the daytona with 28800 beat movement over in RWI forum

I think there is a seller named Razorfish carry the daytona with 28800 beat movement over in RWI forum

I saw that and pictures too. But still this movement has 11 extra gears. Have there ever existed Daytonas with subdial configurations that where easier to approach with the 7750 (be it Asian or Swiss). For example the vintage...

I saw that and pictures too. But still this movement has 11 extra gears. Have there ever existed Daytonas with subdial configurations that where easier to approach with the 7750 (be it Asian or Swiss). For example the vintage...

The daytona experts can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think a genuine daytona was made w/ the 7750 inside--I think they went from V72 to the El Primero (a legendary chronograph movement made by Zenith) to their proprietary movement. So you have 5 choices:

1)the 7750 11 gear special which copies the proprietary movement

2)a frankenwatch w/ a genuine el primero made for another watch (usually a Movado or Ebel)

3)a 7750 powered watch that copies the el primero version w/ bad subdial spacing.

4)a vintage piece powered by the v72 or a v72 copy.

5) a 7750 powered copy of a vintage piece, also inaccurate.

Thanks... So my best choice would be a DW6263 and source a 72 movement?

The daytona experts can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think a genuine daytona was made w/ the 7750 inside--I think they went from V72 to the El Primero (a legendary chronograph movement made by Zenith) to their proprietary movement. So you have 5 choices:

1)the 7750 11 gear special which copies the proprietary movement

2)a frankenwatch w/ a genuine el primero made for another watch (usually a Movado or Ebel)

3)a 7750 powered watch that copies the el primero version w/ bad subdial spacing.

4)a vintage piece powered by the v72 or a v72 copy.

5) a 7750 powered copy of a vintage piece, also inaccurate.