When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Opinions of EuroTimez 5513 please?

IanH

Happy New Year everybody!

I'm looking for a really good 5513 base for modification.

What are your opinions on the one on the EuroTimez website please?

mbk-rlx-5513-white

I can't post a link, sorry.

Is there anything better than this one, apart from a gen?

TIA Ian

It's all a question of how far you want to go.

From cheapest to most expensive:

1. CN rep 5513- say you spend a little over $100 to 250 or maybe a little more depending on movement

P1000193.jpg

The one on the left is a modified CN rep with an aftermarket dial and an eta movt- just over $300.

2. Next is the euro 5513- an MBK/MBW. Definitely a good deal- I'd get the Swiss eta, then you mod the cg's, put a better bezel insert in there, maybe a gen crown and tube, T-19 and away you go- these are very good beaters, IMO- right size, take some gen parts.

3. Next you're moving up the scale and you're spending more bucks. Buy a yuki case and dial w/ hands, find a 1520 Rolex movement (maybe you find a 70's Air King, get it serviced- $200 or so)and have a watchmaker put the watch together for you with the Rolex movement. Total spent $1500-2000 or so. This is a franken and it's about as good as you can get w/o buying a gen.

4. Buy a gen.... plan on spending a minimum of $3K, hopefully under 4K, but it probably won't go down in value- from an investment point of view, a gen is your best bet.