When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How to align GMT II Crystal?

itseme

Hey

Today i received my new ultimate GMT II. Wow what a nice watch. But it has one problem. First i tought the cyclops is not aligned but then i saw (according to the etched rolex crown at 6) that the crytal is not aligned. So how hard is it to align the crystal? Any tutuos?

Thanks

The crystal on the GMTIIc is actually very easy to remove, by hand even, after you have carefully de-cased the movement, making sure not to depress the crown release too much and bugger up the keyless works ;)

But the tricky part is re-installing it straight, without any dust or smudges. I managed the exact thing, using a new lint free microfibre lens cloth, a clean brush and a very bright small light on my N95, the crystal was spotless and straight after a great deal of effort. Make sure to work in a clean environment, and pop the dial/movement underneath a glass to prevent dust falling on the dial. You may need some rodico putty to clean anything that does still land on the dial.....

Or you could get a local watchsmith to do it! B)