When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any advice for securing all parts on a Skyland?

WatchnRoll

I just received a Skyland Avenger from Joshua and it's awesome. I want to make sure that none of the little parts fall off (like the little screws, pushers, etc. Is there any advice on using a adhesive to secure these things. Like Lok Tite or something else to make sure nothing falls off.

I'm a bit nervous about it as my other Rep EVO had the pusher falls off...

Thanks guys

Loctite 243 is a good adhesive, that will still allow you to get things apart again.

Personally, I am now using "Fix Lock", which is an anaerobic adhesive (only sets when no oxygen present) for things like crowns to stem etc.

biggrin.gif We sell what we use - http://watchbitz.com.au/shop/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=168 tongue.gif

Offshore

Loctite 243 is a good adhesive, that will still allow you to get things apart again.

Personally, I am now using "Fix Lock", which is an anaerobic adhesive (only sets when no oxygen present) for things like crowns to stem etc.

biggrin.gif We sell what we use - http://watchbitz.com.au/shop/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=168 tongue.gif

Offshore

Thanks Offshore. Do I unscrew the little screw on the bezel and put a tiny bit of loktite on it and then screw it back in?

Never done this before but I want to be sure all these parts don't leave me... :victory:

Thanks!

The skyland screws have no threads. They just spin round and round and they WILL fall out very easily. Take a tiny jewlers flat head screw driver, spin the screw to break the glue that holds them in, and then pop them out one by one. I used of loc tite super glue gel, dabbing each little hole before pushing the screw back into it. Be careful with the amount you use, not too much not too little. Its hard to wipe off and it will ruin your AR on the crystal if you get it on there.

referring to bezel screws, by the way.