When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is This Navitimer World A Replica?

bmedude

A friend of mine overseas claims to have a supplier than can get me the watch below for a decent price. She claims that it's a replica, but i'm having a hard time believing that they're showing her a picture of the actual rep.

The photo appears to be of a gen.

Anyone care to chime in?

post-26727-126304823503_thumb.png

A friend of mine overseas claims to have a supplier than can get me the watch below for a decent price. She claims that it's a replica, but i'm having a hard time believing that they're showing her a picture of the actual rep.

The photo appears to be of a gen.

Anyone care to chime in?

Looks like a rep to me. The shiny chronos and the back set date wheel...seems like a rep to me.

rep...search in this forum -- and btw there's World pix posted in another World thread about 5 below this one -- and you'll see pix of this rep...

the white dial of this one looks to be a washed out photo...i have the white dial World - see pix - and the dial is antique white...

but all in all - i like the bracelet with it...

R-

Looks like a rep to me. The shiny chronos and the back set date wheel...seems like a rep to me.

I totally missed the shiny chronos, what do you mean exactly by the back set date wheel?

Set-back datewheel means that the datewheel **should** be closer to the dial. It's too deep inside the case.

A proper datewheel in a good watch should be flush with the back of the dial, not deep, like you are looking down into a shadowy hole to find the date numerals.

NO GAP (gen)

iwc.year.display.jpg

edit: this image is hot-linked .. if the webmaster over there replaces this image with that of goatse man in order to spite me, it's not my fault :mellow:

No Navi bracelet on your World? You need to change that R! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

oh Mikey...i've got the bracelet...but since the World is antique white and not a silver white, i think it looks better on leather - brown leather...i switch from a smooth Gunny Mona to the rep moo-croc...the moo-croc i have on it is actually quite nice and not plastic-looking...

not a huge fan of the Navi bracelet...actually not a huge fan of polished bracelets, in general...that's why the Blackbird is one of my favs!...

rebuttal, over!...

yours in Breitling - R