When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

swiss eta 7750 movement

Guest breitlingnut

Guest breitlingnut

i wonder if from visual sight only you can tell the difference between swiss eta7750 movement with gen breitling rotor and gen breitling 7750 movement.

do breitling mod the movement?(i mean visual)or if im buying a swiss eta7750 and use a gen rotor and take it to ad for service..he will notice the difference?

There are no mods done to the calibre 13 movement. They only decorate it with Perlage and Cotes De Geneve. So visually they will immediately see it's not a gen calibre. Also the individual serialnumber is engraved on the auto wind bridge.

NEVER take a rep to an AD, are you mad?

Guest breitlingnut

i will never take a rep to ad...just wondered wht breitling charging a lot of money for they movements

if there is no serious mod from regular swiss eta 7750 movement..why should i buy a gen breitling if i can buy a regular swiss eta for half the price and they will do exactly the same work.

There are no mods done to the calibre 13 movement. They only decorate it with Perlage and Cotes De Geneve. So visually they will immediately see it's not a gen calibre. Also the individual serialnumber is engraved on the auto wind bridge.

NEVER take a rep to an AD, are you mad?

This is not entirely true. The B13 is yes essentially a ETA 7750 movement, but the entire balance, escapement and drive train is all Breilting. Breitling purchases the base ebauches from ETA and installs their own in-house components from mainspring barrel through the balance system. It may look identical but to the trained eye there is a difference.

The numbers stamped on the winding bridge are the COSC numbers to track the movement during COSC testing. These number correspond to the numbers on your COSC certificate that come with your new Gen. ling.

So yes, Breilting does charge a lot for their watches, but they have a lot of R&D into their in-house components they add to the 7750 movement. Their watches are only getting more expensive as they are getting away from the 7750 for their in-house B01.