When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dial Dots?

krbarnes

I have used various "dots" as well as a number of other concepts and ideas, including silicon sealant.(which is not bad, as long as you are VERY selective about where you place it, and consider that it may spread and run!!)

I hear what nakortheblue is saying, although I think the specific dots used there, must have been overly thick in the adhesive.

We have been testing a few different products, and I finally stumbled across a 6mm wide D/S tape which has extremely strong adhesive. So we are now selling this at the Watch Bitz store-

http://watchbitz.com.au/shop/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=267

and have thus far had positive feedback from a number of repairers.

Repairers who are working full time and mainly doing quartz work, understand that once a foot has broken off a dial, or a movement which has different feet positions, needs to be fitted, then some form of adhesive is a must, if the job is to be finished economically. Not necessarily recommended by the local watch guild, but I bet practised by 99% of quartz repairers!

Offshore.

I have used various "dots" as well as a number of other concepts and ideas, including silicon sealant.(which is not bad, as long as you are VERY selective about where you place it, and consider that it may spread and run!!)

I hear what nakortheblue is saying, although I think the specific dots used there, must have been overly thick in the adhesive.

We have been testing a few different products, and I finally stumbled across a 6mm wide D/S tape which has extremely strong adhesive. So we are now selling this at the Watch Bitz store-

http://watchbitz.com.au/shop/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=267

and have thus far had positive feedback from a number of repairers.

Repairers who are working full time and mainly doing quartz work, understand that once a foot has broken off a dial, or a movement which has different feet positions, needs to be fitted, then some form of adhesive is a must, if the job is to be finished economically. Not necessarily recommended by the local watch guild, but I bet practised by 99% of quartz repairers!

Offshore.

i've had trouble with silicone as well, i think it was gs cement. it turned out to be too weak to hold the dial to the movement.

the tape i used was from ofrei. i'll give yours a try the next time.

anyone used epoxy? i remember ZM mentioning that he uses it for inserts but not sure about its suitability for dials. one drop of that stuff into the movement will probably mess it up for good.