When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

diy thread?

mikejungle

Is/Are there DIY thread compilations? If not, why aren't there any?

I know there are sometimes recent/popular ones stickied at the tops of certain forums, but I know there are some diy tutorials that get lost with time and it's hard to find them...especially if you're searching for the wrong thing.

Just asking cuz it's hard finding em.

-Mike

What specific DIY topic are you looking for?

I'm looking for anything and everything related to modding an MBW 1665. I guess that includes general watchmaking procedures too, but as a novice, I'm not sure how well a 'general' diy thread would do me. And stuff like modding the He valve so that it actually works. Freddy pointed me toward his thread, but I can't find the other one(s) by other members. As I posted in the support forum, I'm having trouble searching by title...

I appreciate your MBW thread by the way. If you could point me in the right direction or tell me which parts...i have a thread in the rolex forum (which is now on the 2nd page) that you could please respond to.

Hmmm. With regards to basics, I would start here in the repair and upgrade section:

Click me.

You can find a good selection of helpful topics here, including this very helpful thread:

Edge's Guide To Some Rolex Modifications .

As this thread is a few years old, some of the modifications may have been revised with some newer tricks that may or may not be more efficient or suited to your needs. Also, it won't cover things like swapping in a genuine 15xx movement, but usually such topics can be raised in the relevant sub forums for help and information :)

Anyways, this is a good place to start. I'm sorry to point you to an already existing thread, but the way I see it, there's no need to reinvent the wheel, so to speak.