When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Start-stop button stuck on 2 x 7750

budo

Hi

Today my second A7750 got stuck!

Both watches have run flawless and chrono's doing the same. But after pushing the start button, the start-stop funktion got stuck, the chrono runs happily but now there is no "click" or resistance when I push the button, and I can't stop it?

Is this a common problem with the A7750? I can't find any threats about it?

I don't think i've done anything I'm not surposed to, I have a couple of gen 7750 too, and they don't have the problem :)

Can I fix it myself? and how do I prevent it from happening again?

Any helt will be appreciated.

Cheers

Edited by budo

Thanks mate, I took a look inside of them last night, but couldn't decide wich screw you ment, and didn't think of taking a photo until I had them closed again :-) I did find a short term fix though.

It seems that the one (IWC Spitfire) has a bend pusher arm (?), the little stick indside, that press at the movement when I push the button. When I then turn the button a quarter of a turn(it's round so it can be turned in the socket), it gets in a position where it get stuck in the "in" position! I tryed to straighten it out, but didn't make it better. Well, the short term fix is, don't turn the button :thumbsupsmileyanim: But I'll try to contact the seller, and ask if he can get me a new button/pusher.I know it's a long shot, but why not.

The other one (PAM 196) looks perfectly fine, but I think it was the button that was stuck here too. When I took it apart, all worked fine individualy, movement and button/pusher, and when I put it back together, it was as good as new? But I know that it'll happen again, so I'm none the wiser???

Well, they both looks perfect again, I'll just be a little conservative in my chrono use :rolleyes:

Cheers

• 2 years later...

Awesome, thanks NORing!

I ordered a Big Bang a while back and it finally arrived 2 weeks ago but I think it got thrown around a lot in transit so the chrono minute hand slipped to 5 min and it runs at +30 secs...

Now I finally found the time to reposition the chrono minute only to realize the start/stop arm gets stuck every time it's used but your solution fixed that in like 2 seconds :D

For everyone else having this issue:

It's super easy to fix. just open your watch and look at the movement you'll see an arm moving if you push the start/stop button. In the middle of this arm is a groove and a pretty large (for a watch movement) screw and if you losen that screw a tiny bit (maybe 1/4 rev) your chrono pushers should be working perfectly again.

I know, way to bump a three year old thread  :)