When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A question regarding V1 Super Avengers

JohnQ

I bought a V1 to see if I liked the size, and as it turns out I do. As a result I bought a franken V2 and a new Blacksteel, but that left me with a rather subpar V1. I got a gen bezel to put on it, but it came without the tension ring. My questions are: Can I get the ring on its own? How do I remove the current bezel? How tough would it be to put the gen on there?

I realize this is never going to be a great rep, but I like the black dial and I'd like to just get it passable until I can find a nice franken for sale.

As far as I know the SA bezels are pressure fit on the reps not like the screwed in ones on the gens. The problem with this is that you will not be able to remove the bezel, you'll have to cut it off and that's quite hard without damaging the case. I wanted to fit a gen bezel on my franken SA too but the work involved just doesn't justify it.

I don't know where you got the bezel from but Diamond Castle might be able to get you the tension ring, not sure about this though.

Best of luck with your project!

The V1 bezel screws on just like the gen. I believe you need the gen tension ring as well.

Well, glad to hear I don't need to cut off the old bezel. How would I get in contact with Diamond Castle or someone else about getting a gen tension ring?