When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai Cg Lever Removal...

m4rcus

I'm having problems removing the pin of one of my CG's. I want to swap out it's lever with one from another CG. The older one popped out easily using a paper clip that was straigthened out a bit but this one won't budge.

Anyway, what do you guys recommend to remove the CG Lever Pin? Would a link removal tool work?

Thanks,

-- M

I use the broken end of a rep Bergeon spring bar remover tool. The diameter of the broken-ended shaft fits perfectly in the CG lever pin hole. I've removed the pin from several CG's and in each instance, it took a lot of force. I am surpised that a paperclip worked.

Once I manage to push the pin out 2-3mm, I use needle nose pliers to grab the protruding end and pull the pin all the way through.

So, buy a rep Bergeon springbar tool and use it once like I did to break the end off. Then, you'll have a PAM CG lever pin remover tool. ;)

I too use a link tool (from Ofrei) and it worls perfectly.

Just an additional hint: the direction to push the pin is usually from the back side (wrist side) of the CG to the top.

But try gently, and if it does not come out easily then try (gently as well) in the opposite direction before applying more pressure from the backside.

Guess I'll order a link remover soon and see if that works. At least if it doesn't I'll be able to size my own bracelets.

LOL :lol:

Try the first tool in this page. It worths every cent it costs.

Thanks, but I found it on mywatchmaker.net with only $2.50 shipping. I've ordered from there a couple of times and have always been happy.

Good. Thanks for the link!

the pin came out easily

Great! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Now, if you are going to fix the loose lever problem, there's literature here around...

• 2 weeks later...

It might be true -- the pin can certainly hide somewhat when finished perfectly flush, i don't know if PVD is thick enough to mask the transition between guard and pin...

Another question -- should the pin be flush or slightly recessed on the top/front? i know many reps come with it slightly recessed but it seems a lot of gen pictures have the pin perfectly flush with the surface... any gen owners wish to comment?

It might be true -- the pin can certainly hide somewhat when finished perfectly flush, i don't know if PVD is thick enough to mask the transition between guard and pin...

Another question -- should the pin be flush or slightly recessed on the top/front? i know many reps come with it slightly recessed but it seems a lot of gen pictures have the pin perfectly flush with the surface... any gen owners wish to comment?

Most of the reps come with lever pin pushed in too far (recessed), while they sit flush with the CG on the gens. It's an easy fix on a rep, push it slightly up from the caseback side, and then slowly back in from the front until you reach that 'perfect' flush look. I also brushed the tip of the pin on mine (it came polished) making it blend in with the rest of the CG brushed surface.

cheers,

babola