When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

[Report] Singapore GTG - 27.10.2010

Pre V

002.jpg

The weather was hovering in the range of 25-26 degrees celcius (80 odd degrees Fahrenheit for our friends in the Western hemisphere) tonight. Well, I was late, admittedly attributed to my time spent at the safe scrambling to pack my precious ticking metals into my little black bag. Decisions, decisions, and the more I contemplated on my choices, the lesser time I had with the great guys who came together to kickstart this passion of ours at the Red Dot. Time waits for no man, now ain't that true in all aspects?

003Large.jpg

Red Dot is an open-air concept bistro where they brew their own distinctive beer - in assorted colours (yes even Green ones) and although the lighting was kinda dim to capture the sought-after details we all love savouring to, the ambiance was filled with chattery voices in different languages. Very nice chillout place to hang out for those who are destination-Singapore bound. :)

When I approached the guys, mind you, there were already numerous timepieces safeguarded by towers of beer on the table by each and everyone of the very fine gentlemen whom I am meeting for the 1st time (in person and away from the keyboard that is). Already, the conversations between them were intensifying, with familiar phrases relating to this passion of ours. Grabbed a seat and started to blend into their current topics, and an introductory to members of all Tri-Rep-forum States (namely RWI-RWG-RG) was in session. We have Unregistered, Takashi, Perry, Sean and Alvinado all very engaged to the "in's and out's" of the world of replicas pertaining to our favourite brands of Officine Panerai, Rolexes, IWCs, AP....etc.

The night progressed very nicely to the distinctive stories told by everyone pertaining to their respective collection. It was my first time seeing an actual whole Little Hero PAM 111H in person, and I must say that it was pretty impressive.

006.jpg

FGDs were certainly in the house, with a mix of up-close and personals with the comparisons! Highlight for me is that our passion does not only restrict to the rep-world but also and truly, the genuine spectrum. One can safely speculate on the term "NeitherWorld" for its the knowledge of both worlds that keeps us at bay with what is to expect, differentiate and choose based on detailings. After all, with so much going on within a stainless steel case, its only natural why we are on this exploration and journey together.

Much thanks goes out to the organizers, and it was pleasure mingling with you kind folks + your Beautiful timepieces! :)

Here's an ambient-flavoured shot composed and taken by Perry:

005.jpg

Ok, just for you Panerai lovers, can someone make out what case is below the Davidsen's?

007.jpg