When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Went to an AD today...

WatchnRoll

I currently own a gen Sea Dweller bought back in 2005. I purchased it new at this AD chain (Mayors) and really just wanted an opportunity to see the Rolex Deep Sea in person.

They had one in stock and I really wanted to check it out as I have a Joshua ultimate V coming with the ETA movt. I wanted to know what to look for when I get it next week (hopefully) and see how it feels on the wrist.

Interestingly,. the watch felt great and was not too bulky on my wrist.

The one thing I didnt expect is that they would take my Gen Sea Dweller on trade and would give me $3,780 towards the puchace of the new one. The new DSSD is $9,200 list with no discounton a trade in. I think I paid just slightly over $4,500 for the new gen SD back in 2005 so that isn't that bad for wearing a watch for 5 years...

They are also offering a 20 even payments option which came out to like $270 a month (for the difference of my trade and the cost of the watch). So, for $270 a month for 20 months I can have the DSSD (or pay $5800 outright). :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Anyway, I also saw that they had the new 40mm Datejust that was brand new. Those looked really hot in the larger size.

The one thing I also noticed about the gen DSSD was it was not super heavy like the breitlings and it looked like a rep! Isn't that weird...it just seemed like a rep to me...So, I am looking forward to getting my rep soon!

Edited by WatchnRoll

I guess the value of yours was based on them not giving a discount against the DSSD similar to trading in car. I would think you could pick up a new DSSD for about $7500 or so

Still its always good to see the gen and get a feel for it. Did you take pics/wristies so you could think about it before buying?? ;)

I guess the value of yours was based on them not giving a discount against the DSSD similar to trading in car. I would think you could pick up a new DSSD for about $7500 or so

Still its always good to see the gen and get a feel for it. Did you take pics/wristies so you could think about it before buying?? ;)

Interstingly enough they were only giving a 5% discount if there was no trade in. That would equate to much more than $7,500. I don;t know where you can buy a gen for that price except eBay and I wouldnt do that. :thumbdown:

I didn't take any pics but should have! :wounded1:

It was nice to really feel the watch and see how it looks/feels as a gen because I am going to scrutinize the rep thoroughly once I get it.

I didn't think the gen was anywhere near worth $9200 list...or even $7,500 if that is possible. The rep seems to be such a great deal if it is so spot on...

Edited by WatchnRoll

For a second, I thought you were actually considering paying $9,000 for that turd.

If the human body cannot go down 600,000,000 feet, why would we need to know the time at such distance? I never understood that.

Keep that Sea-Dweller, and enjoy that DSSD rep!

Interstingly enough they were only giving a 5% discount if there was no trade in. That would equate to much more than $7,500. I don;t know where you can buy a gen for that price except eBay and I wouldnt do that. :thumbdown:

I didn't take any pics but should have! :wounded1:

It was nice to really feel the watch and see how it looks/feels as a gen because I am going to scrutinize the rep thoroughly once I get it.

I didn't think the gen was anywhere near worth $9200 list...or even $7,500 if that is possible. The rep seems to be such a great deal if it is so spot on...

You can always go back mate and take pics :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Price wise is more what you guys over in US have said in other posts with value and discounts. In UK the price is around