When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Please help...Spilled paint on my DSSD...

Clerek

I am a complete idiot and grabbed the paint by the lid and spilled it ALL over my dssd that was taken apart...Stupid right?!? I cleaned it all up but the hands are completely un-salvageable. Can someone point me in the right direction? I want to get some new hands. It is a v3 dssd, I ordered from King.

Thanks a TON!

-Ricardo

Crap! You will need a set of "maxi" hands for whatever your movement is. Check with your dealer to see if they might get you a set. I got the hands for my Tudor chrono project from Eurotimez so they might be able to help as well.

Good luck!

The hands should NOT be ruined. Get some acetone and remove all the paint on the hands which will take off the lume, and then relume the hands. Get a lume product from somewhere like Glow Inc. or whatever which will be harder to work with than the RC Tritec SL stuff...may glow differently...but will look alright. All you do is pain the BACK of the hands with the lume and it will fill the gap and be flat.

Alternatively, you can carefully scrape off the paint with a toothpick or pith wood.